Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS crashes when I load a pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS crashes when I load a pattern
 Login/Join

posted
Or try to load a pattern. I can get into the program normally, but when I click the "Load Pattern" under "Files", the next window partly opens, then DS closes. Any idea what may be going on here?

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't mention what Operating System you are using, or type of Computer.

A couple of options that usually work for me when DS is being contrary is to reboot computer, making sure all the updates are in.
Sometimes that does it, sometimes just rebooting does the trick, sometimes I have no idea what fixes it.
Another option is to re-install or repair DS. Don't forget to close or temporarily disable anti-virus by whatever method it has available before the re-install.

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Helen M. SA:
You don't mention what Operating System you are using, or type of Computer.

A couple of options that usually work for me when DS is being contrary is to reboot computer, making sure all the updates are in.
Sometimes that does it, sometimes just rebooting does the trick, sometimes I have no idea what fixes it.
Another option is to re-install or repair DS. Don't forget to close or temporarily disable anti-virus by whatever method it has available before the re-install.
I second the proposal of uninstalling and re-installing Dress Shop.

You may also want to take an extra step beyond uninstalling Dress Shop: after uninstalling Dress Shop, rename (not delete!) the "Documents\Dress Shop" folder to some other name e.g. "Documents\Dress Shop SAVED". That way, you are guaranteed a brand-new fresh Dress Shop installation folder.

After installation and activation, you can then copy any saved pattern files and measurements set files from the saved Dress Shop folder ("Documents\Dress Shop SAVED") to the new Dress Shop folder ("Documents\Dress Shop").

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post