Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    printing registration off
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

printing registration off
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
FYI: I open Dress Shop and do "File -> Page Setup" and this is what I have:

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, may have to wait for Anna to find the prob.

My view of #4 that you linked shows a great gap of grid with no #5, not a shortened one.

Sometimes I have issues with DS that resolve after opening and closing the program, and rebooting, sometimes a couple of times. Or even run a reinstall/fix as I always keep the current build on backup hard drive. What I call 'Mr Nobody did it' problems
By now I should imagine that it would have resolved, unless you keep your computer running 24/7.

When you change view size down to 75/25% does the error stay or go??
When you scroll down does the actual target marker #5 cutting/sewing line match that of where it should be below #4 Have you tried printing to see if there is just a display error, but the print is correct, sorry If you already have. I know the system is supposed to be WYSIWIG.

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emmy, I took your pics and Photoshop them onto each other into a composite pic, lining up #5 three inches from #4, and the pattern lines lined up:

If the paper pattern pieces don't line up when you print, that would point to something weird with printer settings, either in Dress Shop or in your printer driver.

Would it be possible for you to "print" the pattern pieces to a PDF file and email the file to me so I can investigate? To print to PDF, you can download PrimoPDF, a free PDF "printer" app. PrimoPDF will "print" files to a PDF file instead of to physical printer. You can down PrimoPDF here: https://www.primopdf.com/

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry for the late reply.i will send you the pdf. i have acrobat pro. when i make the pieces fit so that there is 3 inches between 4 and 5, the inches between black lines are incorrect. (which is 5 boxes)

Posts: 28 | Location: DC Area | Registered: 23 August 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I see now. I never pay any attention to those boxes. They don't really serve a purpose in assembling the pattern. When assembling the patterns, only the registration marks matter. Side-to-side pages should have their registration dots lined up (e.g. 1,2 3, 4) and above-and-below pages should have their registration dots 3 inches from each other e.g. 4 to 5.

I assembled your pattern in PDF and the pattern's lines line up perfectly. Here's a snippet of a corner of the pattern:

One thing that is abnormal about your pattern pages is that there is no overlap between above-and-below pages i.e. they are butted edge to edge to get the correct 3 inch distance between dots, as opposed to some overlap between above-and-below pages e.g. as in a pattern that I drafted recently for myself (a PDF file). Your pattern can still be assembled correctly despite that abnormality, so I wouldn't sweat it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anna Nguyen, Dress Shop App,

--
Anna

posted Hide Post
Ah ok. Thank you for your help

Posts: 28 | Location: DC Area | Registered: 23 August 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post