Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    printing registration off
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

printing registration off
 Login/Join

posted
ive been trying to get the printing correct. i have set the margins the same in both the app and my pdf. my registrations for 1A, 1B, 1C, etc is correct but going down is incorrect. the user manual says the target marks should be 3in apart. they are in each individual page but when matching up the lines in different pages they are not. for example going from 4 to 5 is less than 3in but the lines are matching up. Is that how its supposed to be? or are they supposed to be 3 in apart as in the manual ?

thanks

Posts: 28 | Location: DC Area | Registered: 23 August 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always make sure the registration marks from page to page are 3" apart e.g. from #4 of one page to #5 of the next page. Very infrequently the pattern lines overlap a tiny bit or leave a very small gap, usually less than 1/16", but that's never been an issue.

If you align the #4 #5 dots to be exactly 3" apart, how much of a gap or overlap do you see with the pattern lines?

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the lines between 4 and 5 only measure 2.5 while the ones on the same page measure 3

Posts: 28 | Location: DC Area | Registered: 23 August 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you match up the pattern lines #4 and #5 are 2.5 inches apart?

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes

posted Hide Post
I have not seen that issue. I think the issue may have to do with paper size and margins in your printer settings and in Dress Shop settings as you said, but I have no clue on what to look for!

If the shift is consistently 1/2" off vertically between every two vertical pieces then that would strongly indicate something being wrong with margins.

--
Anna

posted Hide Post
my margins are at top bottom .25 and left right .5 in the app and pdf... and its on for the first number at the top of the new pages. the rest of the markings points are 3in apart

posted Hide Post
I find that the 3” vertical measurement is accurate if I meet the ends of the printed lines. There is no overlap, like on the horizontal matching. The paper pages overlap, but the pattern lines butt up to each other. That works for all my vertical markings, like side seams, vertical darts, etc.

Carolyn Brown
DS Educator
MPD Pro
DS Pro

Posts: 234 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes that's what I was doing. Overlapping paper and butting the lines together. But there isn't 3 inches

posted Hide Post
Did you check your printer settings? Mine is set for .5 L % R and .75 T & B.

Maybe setting narrower margins causes a problem. I remember something from years ago, but the details have long been forgotten.

Carolyn Brown
DS Educator
MPD Pro
DS Pro

Posts: 234 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its not a margin error if the spaces on the rest of the page are correct.

posted Hide Post
I have Canon IX6860 Capable of <> 2.3 sheets of US Std fanfold? continuous. ie (1) 279 down x 381 mm across that I trim the width of. I am getting sick of the .3 sheet cut so will be going back to just 2 sheets at a time. Generally I have a fair overlap with base margins set. I sometimes allow the actual full grid lines to print in colour so I can double check. I DO NOT print in PDF format as it is not required in DS. If I print single sheets I find that I have to insert a piece into patterns or make top margin larger to allow for the absence it sounds like you are getting on ?each sheet. you do not say what printer OS or paper size/type you are using.
I always print in columns vertically not rows.

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im using a epson workforce but i think the problem is in the actual pattern. so for this pattern it displays in the print mode as the distance between 4 and 5 is not 3 inches see attaches graphics
#4 https://drive.google.com/file/...fXR/view?usp=sharing
#5 https://drive.google.com/file/...n5z/view?usp=sharing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Emmy,

posted Hide Post
Can you please file a problem report? I don't remember if I had seen a problem report for this. Thank you!

--
Anna

posted Hide Post
yes i already sent one