Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    unable to open Dress shop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

unable to open Dress shop
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all
I tried today first to open MPD and it woudn't open and then tried Dress shop and got the same message.Can anyone advise please. I have sent a problem report
Marge Gammie (peggy)

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peggy,

What version of Windows are you using? The error display that you got (that you emailed to me) looks like it's Windows 8, but I want to be sure.

I installed DS9 (downloaded from http://dressshopapp.com/DownloadsNew.htm) and activated it using your Dress Shop ID and password and was able to start it w/o any problem, on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

I suggest that you uninstall your current DS9, download the latest DS9 from the above link, install it and re-activated it. (Your existing pattern and measurements files will remain intact.)

And finally, I am not able to help with MPD, sorry!

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peggy, I have DS & MPD Pro versions. On my Old Computer I am running DS in compatibility mode.
right click on the exe (if you are right handed), go to the bottom of menu to properties, left click to open, slide across to compatibility & select. Either use the compatibility troubleshooter, or tick Compatibility Mode Box & select Windows 8 or 7.
OK or Apply. Reboot for good measure & see if makes any difference.

quote:
Originally posted by Peggym:
Hello all
I tried today first to open MPD and it woudn't open and then tried Dress shop and got the same message.Can anyone advise please. I have sent a problem report
Marge Gammie (peggy)

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anna thanks for the prompt reply. I am using Windows 7. Will uninstall and install today and see how I get on.

posted Hide Post
Helen thank you four input. I tried your method but we don't have the compliability option on our PC. I have MPD on my lap top same security and same Windows version and it opened. Weird. It is more of a bother on the laptop but it will have to do.Thanks for takingvthe time to help
Marge (peggy)

posted Hide Post
Peggy,

Do you see that error message as soon as you open Dress Shop?

Also, can you please take a screenshot of the Dress Shop window with the error in it and email it to me at anna@livingsoftnw.com?

To take a screenshot, press Alt then while holding it down, press PrtScn, then left click in the Dress Shop window. (If your mouse is set for left handed people, right click instead of left click.) An image of the window will be put into your copy/paste buffer. You can then paste that image into your email, or open a paint application, paste it, save it into a file and attach it to your email.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Anna
uninstalled and re downloaded and all is well with both programs. You asked for a screen print. I never advanced to anything other than what I had already sent you.