Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Wil menswear patterns fit me?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wil menswear patterns fit me?
 Login/Join

posted
I am still fairly shapely (5'8", 37.5 - 30.5 - 37). If I buy the new menswear set will I be able to make the jackets fit me?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would imagine so. People come in all different shapes and sizes. As long as the measurements are accurate the pattern will fit, independent of the wearer's gender.

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The patterns are drafted to your measurements, and there are quite a few adjustment options available. So I would say yes.

You can download the program, install and play with it you know, including measurment options from simple to complex, or ready to wear which can still be ammended. You cannot print full size patterns.

There are options to show base template against the patterns, ease etc. Also depending on which level of the program you work with you can take a womans pattern and add features from mens through options like collar/sleeve/cuff etc.

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go the other way. I am an occasional cross dresser, and when i measure properly, the assembled clothing fits perfectly.
Of course I must remember to measure with all the "accessory body parts" I will be wearing. Yes, it's a funny story. Well, it is now. Not so much then.

Posts: 1 | Location: Portland, OR, USA, Solar System | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post