Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Ideas for enhancement and requested/suggested features
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for enhancement and requested/suggested features
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post

Add a back or undo button

Posts: 38 | Registered: 09 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea!

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reply to Jan Baker's remarks about difficulty getting good measurements: This is the key to good fit, of course, so struggling through analyzing where something doesn't fit is so worthwhile. You might try taking pictures and posting them here so we can offer suggestions on where your measurements need to be tweaked. I learned SO much about my own unique shape by slowly tweaking each measurement til I got it right.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of pictures might be helpful?

I have sometimes concluded that the only solution is the personalized dress form, but they are so expensive.

I confess to never having made the sloper.

I had forgotten the word and just loaded up Dress Shop to try to find it, and I am amazed at the very many features the program has that I have never explored, all due to precipitous plunges into what I could grasp right off the bat. Perhaps a helpful addition would be a video, a good video unlike some of those offered by other pattern design softwares, that does not use jargon, has good screen shots, and other helpful features, exploring the many functions available in Dress Shop. I never grasped the over-all use.

posted Hide Post
Make the sloper. We can't really help you otherwise.

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you make your best effort at getting your measurements, and then you must make a sloper. You could take pictures of yourself in the sloper from various angles. We might then have some ideas of which measurements to consider tweaking to get a better fit. This is a time-consuming process, so don't let yourself get too frustrated, but just be patient and slowly you can refine the fit.

posted Hide Post
I am reading this kind response just after being released from the hospital for a heart attack and the placement of a new stent. Don't be surprised if I stick with standard size measurements for a while, and I encourage others to not wait until it's too late bur rather to bite the bullet and get the measurements right and make the sloper!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JanBaker:
I am reading this kind response just after being released from the hospital for a heart attack and the placement of a new stent.
Wow, hope your recovery goes well!

quote:
Don't be surprised if I stick with standard size measurements for a while, and I encourage others to not wait until it's too late bur rather to bite the bullet and get the measurements right and make the sloper!
I concur, though I would still say that some help in getting your measurements as accurate as possible from the get-go would reduce the trial-and-error iterations for the sloper(s).

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if the function is now available, but wouldn't it be nice to see the changes you make to a chart, and at the same time see the result on your pattern at the same time. Right now, when making adjustments to a chart, 1/2 the pattern is covered by the chart.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anna Q. Nguyen,

Posts: 2 | Location: non | Registered: 16 October 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there,
I have a problem with the dates on the various postings. The day and month is posted, but not the year. So it’s hard to tell how old those posts are. Could you specify the year as well?
Thank you for your consideration on this matter.
Alexandra

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm... I do see the year on each post:

posted Hide Post
Where do you see the year?
I can’t see it. There is the year when an individual joined. Not the year when a response is posted.
Thank you in advance,
Alexandra

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi:
Where do you see the year?
I can’t see it. There is the year when an individual joined. Not the year when a response is posted.
Thank you in advance,
Alexandra

posted Hide Post
Anna, re: your posting of Dec 26, 2015, suggesting the ability to show a list of technical drawings of patterns to browse, instead of browsing through directories - I just now noticed this posting. I would love to see that! I tend to forget some of the options that we have for creating patterns and need to be reminded by looking at pictures.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karel Riley:
Anna, re: your posting of Dec 26, 2015, suggesting the ability to show a list of technical drawings of patterns to browse, instead of browsing through directories - I just now noticed this posting. I would love to see that! I tend to forget some of the options that we have for creating patterns and need to be reminded by looking at pictures.

Thanks for your input, Karel. That's definitely going to be one of the most desirable enhancements to Dress Shop's usability.