Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Pattern Designer
 Login/Join

posted
Could someone please help me. I own My Pattern Designer for over 10 years. I went to purchase something today, but the website seems to be defunct. How can I purchase patterns? Or do I have to buy dress Shop?
Please help me.
thanks,
Cynthia

Posts: 17 | Registered: 08 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MPD website is closed. You can use what you have, but cannot get anything new from them. I am sad, because I am used to using both, but thankful that DS is alive and well.

Carolyn Brown
DS Educator
MPD Pro
DS Pro

Posts: 234 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had the same problem and I've heard that the site doesn't exists anymore so our patterns we had earned are now gone. Not happy

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anne Spehr:
I've had the same problem and I've heard that the site doesn't exists anymore so our patterns we had earned are now gone. Not happy
I don't know what you mean by "our patterns we had earned are now gone". Did you mean that you can no longer use MPD or any MPD patterns that you already bought & owned? Or did you mean something else?

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anna, In case Anne doesn't get back to you: In my case I still had over 30 pattern credits to use, and they are now lost. I bought one around a week before the MPD website was taken down. If I had known this was coming I would have designed & purchased more.

Also, if I remember rightly, a couple of patterns I do own no longer draft properly.

Because MPD came out after DS we were able to import a lot of our designs into MPD as owned (for a while) though I think the pattern had to have all the elements in the choice imported or it defaulted to not owned if changes were made, and we can still swap measurements between the programs. Hope this helps.

quote:
Originally posted by Anna Nguyen, Dress Shop App:
I don't know what you mean by "our patterns we had earned are now gone". Did you mean that you can no longer use MPD or any MPD patterns that you already bought & owned? Or did you mean something else?

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post