Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where has MPD gone?
 Login/Join

posted
Where has the discussion ist for MPD gone? The info is still useful, even if we don't have ew designs.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing?

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing?

Sorry, but your question was ambiguous enough that answering it would just lead to more questions. Frankly I did not want to go into the entire longer story. But, the basic answers are:

1. A principle of both Livingsoft and My Pattern Designer died two years ago. Kaaren Hoback was not only the lead designer, but also the test lead as well. She coordinated all development and all testing of new patterns and options. More importantly, she was the spiritual heart and soul of these products. Doing what she did was not something that could be replaced.

2. The second remaining principle of those firms is a programmer who is 64, tired of working, and no longer particularly inspired, due to the loss of his long time partner. I am retiring.

3. To keep things going, we found a willing and able new party to take over Livingsoft and Dress Shop and keep that running and evolving. Anna is now in charge of the forum, customer contact, and all future development. Anna is NOT doing anything further with My Pattern Designer.

4. The MPD website will be maintained to continue to provide downloads and a contact point for questions and support issues. We will continue to support MPD customers, provide replacements, help with installs on new systems, and such. As has usually been the case, problem reports provide a better means for getting help than emails or forum posts.

5. Any posts to the current Livingsoft forum are as meaningful to users of MPD as they are to users of Dress Shop. Users of either product can and should post questions there about pattern files, pattern draft issues, settings, options, measurements, or sewing. All of those issues are identical for both products. Use this forum and other customers, familiar with Dress Shop and MPD, will answer as they have in the past.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Sorry to hear about the loss of your long term partner.