Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Looking for old Dress Shop software CD's.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for old Dress Shop software CD's.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I used to use Dress Shop Programs but due to ill health I have been unable to do much with the programs which I have purchased. I bought the Dress Shop Pro 4 and 5 on CD and upgraded to Dress Shop Pro 6 but did not get the CD. I also purchased Ultimate pants, Hat Shop and other add ons. I am not able to purchase any updates at this time and want to use that which I previously purchased. This also includes Home Dec Sampler which has been discontinued. Of which I have the CD for. I am going back to using Windows XP so that I am able to use Home Dec Sampler. Is there anyone who has an old Dress Shop Pro 6 CD or, Ultimate Pants or, old Hat Shop CD that would be willing to send them to me so that I am not out the purchases which I have made and continue my sewing?

Thank you,

Kathryn Collier

Caldwell, ID

Posts: 3 | Location: Caldwell, Id | Registered: 05 October 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't need to go back to XP to use Home Decor Sampler. Go into file explorer to Program Files(X86) -> Livingsoft ->Dress shop->. Find the Home Decor .exe file and right click on it and select properties. This will open a dialogue window. Click o the compatibility tab. Click the "Run this program in Compatibility mode for" The box right under that is a drop down list of different versions of Windows. Select Windows XP from the list. Click on the APPLY then click on OK. Close the file explorer, go to where ever you have the program start icon and click on it. Home Decore should start and run properly.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Pat, thank you! Unfortunately, old computer died and someone gave me this newer one I have no previous restore points or previous versions on my computers and therefore am unable to do this, I tried previously to do so. Thanks for the idea though Smiler

Kathryn

Posts: 3 | Location: Caldwell, Id | Registered: 05 October 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well when you get a copy of the program and install it, you may need to follow this procedure if the computer has Windows Vista or later. Good luck Eeker

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Pat,

Thank you, I appreciate your suggestions.

Kathryn