Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help
 Login/Join

posted
I had version Ds7 but had to reformat my computer with window 7 and therefore lost all my programs including DS7. The only CD I can find is version 4 which I realize is really old. Do I really have to pay more money to upgrade to version 9 when version 7 was working just fine.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what's on a DS7 CD, but I do have access to a DS 7.5 .EXE that you can use to install DS7. Email me at anna@dressshopapp.com to work out the details of how to get that to you.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I no longer have the computer that Dress Shop was installed on - and I can't find any install disks since 2.0 (yeah - those are not going to work since I no longer have a computer running Windows ME - backwards compatibility only goes so far).

I don't suppose that Dress Shop 6 downloads are available, since I do have an older computer with an install disk for Vista? Just to run up a couple of test garments to see which program I want to upgrade to the 21st Century...

I don't think that I want to spend my entire birthday check on software & leave myself no money for muslin & gingham to make fitting test garments out of.

I'm going to need a few - as I also need to see if I can find any old measurment sets...and "it's been a while" since I had a complete set of numbers taken. I am not the same age or weight any more. At least I still seem to be close to the same height...

Renee Graham
Home is where the sewing room is!

Posts: 31 | Location: Fort Bend, Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that the previous install was done using a downloaded master - I'm willing to bet that I may never have had a Dress Shop 6 disk.

Renee Graham

Posts: 31 | Location: Fort Bend, Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ReneeG1957:
I no longer have the computer that Dress Shop was installed on - and I can't find any install disks since 2.0 (yeah - those are not going to work since I no longer have a computer running Windows ME - backwards compatibility only goes so far).

I don't suppose that Dress Shop 6 downloads are available, since I do have an older computer with an install disk for Vista? Just to run up a couple of test garments to see which program I want to upgrade to the 21st Century...

I don't think that I want to spend my entire birthday check on software & leave myself no money for muslin & gingham to make fitting test garments out of.

I'm going to need a few - as I also need to see if I can find any old measurment sets...and "it's been a while" since I had a complete set of numbers taken. I am not the same age or weight any more. At least I still seem to be close to the same height...

The last Dress Shop 6 released was version 6.19. The odds of it working under Vista today are low. It certainly did at one time, but there were changes to both Vista and to Internet Explorer.

Your best bet is to upgrade to DS 9 Pro. Since you already own DS6 Pro, the upgrade will be $89 instead of the $349 list price.

If you do not want to upgrade and want to try to make DS6 work on your Windows Vista computer, email me at anna@dressshopapp.com to work out the details of how to get the DS6 .EXE installation file to you.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have either a disk or a download of DS 6 anything - too many computers have come & gone since we moved to Texas (there is a slim chance that there *might* be a copy of the install disks still packed - but finding it undamaged? Not betting on that happening at all...).

I am waiting for next week to make a decision - too many distractions this week.

Renee Graham