Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrap style dress
 Login/Join

posted
I have been going through the patterns of both DS and MPD looking for a wrap dress pattern for a Sunday dress for my young lady. There doesn't seem to be one in either program. Can any several of you users of either or both program suggest which patterns from either or both programs I should merge to get what I need.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mr Pat
Try DS - Dresses > Fitted > Wrap-Around dress OR
Dresses > Comfort > Comfort Wrap-Around dress.
There may be others - it's tedious I know trying to find all the options without a catalogue.

MPD
Dresses or Waisted Dresses > Knit/Darted/Princess Styles > Wrap front.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have to agree that it is highly tedious and annoying to browse through everything to find likely patterns. One of the first enhancements that I would like to make to Dress Shop is to allow browsing of patterns by the design drawings instead of traipsing through directories and files.

Somewhat fortunately, the patterns tend to have reasonably descriptive names. Oone trick that I do to help find specific patterns is to open a Windows "cmd" command line window and search for a word. E.g. if I'm looking for anything "halter":

Click on the Windows logo and type "cmd" and hit RETURN: a command line window pops up.

In that window type: cd %HOMEPATH%\Documents\Dress Shop\MyPatterns

Then type: dir/s "*halter*.pat"

That last command will display all pattern files containing "halter" in their name in the current directory and in all subdirectories.
--
Anna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dress Shop,

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes searches can be tedious and aggravating. Then there is what I call being blind in one eye and can't see from the other because you've looked at it multiple times and can't see it. I was also thinking that I should have mentioned that my young lady is 32 years old.

posted Hide Post
?? MPD has wrap style dresses under women's dress patterns.

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm either going to have to keep looking or do an awful lot of modifying to come up with a dressy Sunday wrap dress such as at this link:
http://firstsuit.com/811/Dress...045862/DN5371-R.html

posted Hide Post
Hi Mr Pat - how about this one in MPD as a starting point? #1529231 Women's Darted Waisted Dresses with Wrap Front, Set-In Sleeve, Natural Waist and Straight Skirt

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's closer. The problem is that the collar designer is turned off on this pattern and I need to put a sort of sailor's collar on it. As it is looks more like a bathrobe to me.