Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    What's everybody sewing for summer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everybody sewing for summer?
 Login/Join

posted
Let's hear about some summer sewing projects!

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dress Shop-wise, I just finished a couple of pieces for Austin's Eyore's Birthday Party.

Eyore's Birthday Party is just another one of those things that Keep Austin Weird. It's one of those events where if one is wearing any fabric at all, one is probably overdressed Smiler . With that in mind, I went with a gold colored theme, with a "Gathered Halter Shell" (Dress Shop Pro), crop-top length, and an "A-Line Skirt" (Dress Shop Quick Start, Deluxe, and Pro), micro-mini length, no front darts and no back darts, with a 25 degrees skirt flare.

I went with a gold color theme because I had made a gold lamé cowboy hat for an event last year and wanted to use it as the "anchor piece" for my outfit.

The halter top was another "wearable muslin" to further refine my measurements set. I decided to make it from a gold metallic lamé knit, because I was in a rush and did not want to deal with having a closure and because a knit would be forgiving enough to compensate for any fit issues.

The skirt is from a semi-sheer gold metallic crinkly, crisp, lightweight polyester. In retrospect, I probably should have sprung for a better quality fabric that is more fluid. The crisp nature of the fabric made the A-line skirt behave in a slightly less than ideal manner, though still very wearable and good looking enough to
garner multiple compliments during the day.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the design, but not sure about the color though. Do you really think that these colors are good for summer?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 17 September 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post