Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Topic Area  Hop To Forums  Sewing Related Things    Tomorrow is pie day and how that relates to sewing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow is pie day and how that relates to sewing
 Login/Join

posted
I noticed years ago how much more smoothly my fabric handling went after making pies. I am one of those gals that gets my hands in the pastry dough and found that all that shortening does wonders for the skin.

If you have chapped hands and are planning on working with ultra soft fabrics such as the new bamboo jerseys or silkies and chiffons for holiday dresses and lingerie- remember to use hand cream the night before and just before starting. Blot off any excess to make sure you don't leave any residue on your fabrics.

To keep the static down a bit you might wish to use a humidifier in your sewing area over night before a sewing session or just lightly mist the air around your cutting area a few minutes before starting.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
I noticed years ago how much more smoothly my fabric handling went after making pies. I am one of those gals that gets my hands in the pastry dough and found that all that shortening does wonders for the skin.

If you have chapped hands and are planning on working with ultra soft fabrics such as the new bamboo jerseys or silkies and chiffons for holiday dresses and lingerie- remember to use hand cream the night before and just before starting. Blot off any excess to make sure you don't leave any residue on your fabrics.

To keep the static down a bit you might wish to use a humidifier in your sewing area over night before a sewing session or just lightly mist the air around your cutting area a few minutes before starting.

Kaaren
Good idea and also adding to this,a steaming kettle if you don't have a humidifier,I like Neutrogena hand cream its the best i found for dry hands.Happy Thanksgiving to all. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post