Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Circle skirt blooper
 Login/Join

posted
I made a circle skirt, from watching a video on how to do this,fabric is black n white scroll pattern,I posted a pic on the members website quiltropolis,its on my dress form.I am pleased with the way it turned out,but made a little blooper it was too short,so i had to put in a yoke to lengthen it a tad.I had a test of a waisted blouse in all white fabric,wasn't going to keep it,but i decided to because it fit so well,my only mistake was i used a pen to mark down the front edges,so having some fabric from the skirt gave me an idea!I used the fabric and made a tube to sew by hand down the front of the blouse,plus a button loop.I am still sewing this so will post that when its finished.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skirt is so cute! The mark of a good seamstress is not always getting it right but knowing how to "make it work".

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren i needed that inspiration.Smileralso posted the waisted blouse top on the club page,another correction to a mistake.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cute...k

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post