Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Topic Area  Hop To Forums  Sewing Related Things    Keep you eye out for Ingeo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keep you eye out for Ingeo
 Login/Join

posted
Ok what the heck is Ingeo? Its the latest green technology fiber/yardage that may soon hit the market place and it is made from CORN!

Pretty cool huh?

I am so impressed with my bamboo textiles that I ordered 3 more colors today! and now Im watching for any new fiber source.

Cornell University and others are working on coloring yardage with non poisonous non dye materials- the latest buz is pond scum - NO! I am not kidding. The little diatoms color fabric. Now, they just have to bring the price down from 10,000 USD per square yard to something my budget can stand(a buck or 2 a yard would do it!)
Ain't technology grand?

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ingeo is made from corn. The method used is the same as making polyester, It is quite comfortable to wear, I have knit a top from Ingeo this past summer, and it was qutie comfortable to wear.
Another new one is Latte, you guessed it it is made from milk protein. I don't know if this has made it into the fabric world yet, but it is definitely available in the yarn world...often mixed with merino wool or silk.

Marianne

Marianne Gallant
Win xp sp2, all livingsoft software, latest versions.
www.yarnshop.ca

Posts: 10 | Location: Vernon, BC Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post