Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Digitizsers
 Login/Join

posted
I have been looking at the digizerser programs online,I was curious how many have used this type of software,& is it easy to use,whats involved as a learner,difficult/fairly easy for a novice user.I know theres many types out there and i have seen one called Embird amongst others.I do like the opportunity of doing actual pictures/photos of family members and sewing them out.TIA Freda Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freda,
I use Embird for digitizing and for editing and to view my embroidery designs. You can't beat the quality of the designs when digitized using Embird. As with any new software there is a learning curve. That being said, there are plenty of yahoo groups that you can join that deal with using Embird. There are a lot several that offer free lessons. There are some that charge a nominal fee for complete lessons on using the program. I have always found the people very friendly and informative when I have needed to ask questions. The price was what drove me to Embird to begin with. But, don't think you are getting an inferior program because you are paying less. Just the opposite. The programmers are involved in most all of the yahoo groups and are always open to any suggestions that might help or improve the program. Or they are there should any problems arise with the program. The updates are usually free or a low charge of usually around $15.00 per update, which is usually on a yearly basis. Of coarse if there is a glitch in the program it is usually fixed within a short period of time and no charge of coarse to download the fix. I would suggest that you join the following Yahoo group and ask the same question there and see what others have to say about the program. I forgot to mention that I have been using it for over 10 years and it only gets better with each update.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Embird_Studio/
There are other yahoo groups as well. I just thought this one would help you get started.
Hope this helps,

Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sewalong:
Freda,
I use Embird for digitizing and for editing and to view my embroidery designs. You can't beat the quality of the designs when digitized using Embird. As with any new software there is a learning curve. That being said, there are plenty of yahoo groups that you can join that deal with using Embird. There are a lot several that offer free lessons. There are some that charge a nominal fee for complete lessons on using the program. I have always found the people very friendly and informative when I have needed to ask questions. The price was what drove me to Embird to begin with. But, don't think you are getting an inferior program because you are paying less. Just the opposite. The programmers are involved in most all of the yahoo groups and are always open to any suggestions that might help or improve the program. Or they are there should any problems arise with the program. The updates are usually free or a low charge of usually around $15.00 per update, which is usually on a yearly basis. Of coarse if there is a glitch in the program it is usually fixed within a short period of time and no charge of coarse to download the fix. I would suggest that you join the following Yahoo group and ask the same question there and see what others have to say about the program. I forgot to mention that I have been using it for over 10 years and it only gets better with each update.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Embird_Studio/
There are other yahoo groups as well. I just thought this one would help you get started.
Hope this helps,

Rena
Thank you for your suggestions. I will look into that for sure.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome! If you have anything else that I could possibly help you with concerning Embird I would be glad to do so. You can contact me off list if you would like at renarevans@cox.net

Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Llantrisant, Embird is one the best software out there. I bought mine last year and I'm in the process of adding some extensions to it. My friend is just getting one from https://www.annthegran.com/prd...e/1/embirdbasic.aspx her club price is very good. Good luck.

Posts: 3 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: 12 October 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess this topic is quite old, Laurse, yet still, I guess Embird is still the best.

I've been an Embird user as well for many years, and been very happy with it. I do a lot of applique, and cut the fabric pieces using MTC on my Gazelle. I also can import cut files and create applique from them by placing emb stitches on the outlines.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Posts: 3 | Location: Kansas-City | Registered: 03 March 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed, Embrid is the best, and has amazing editing options.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 17 September 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post