Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of a site, that I can get free dog body warmer type things,or how to measure to make a pattern.?Im thinking more for fall time later on when the weather gets cold.TIA

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HiFreda, When your puppy finishes growing make a pattern in short order. After lots of research ( we once thought we might offer pet patterns but decided against it!!!!) there are only a very few modifications to a very basic block for any 4 legged critter.

Simply scale up or down for horse or hamster.

Back when Amber had surgery on her back she needed to wear "tee shirts" and I made 6 in under an hour from cotton jersey I had laying around.They were not embellished and not faced. The vet liked them so much he wanted me to make some for his animal hospital but there just was no time.

Ill be happy to share the basic shape.in fact I think I have it in this computer.If not Ill redraft and post as a pdf file within the next couple of days.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be great Kaaren thank you very much. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I may:

http://sewing.circleofcrafters.com/freepetvestpattern.html

This is for a basic doggy garment, but it has a measurement picture for sizing.

I WILL win the stash battle even if it means hocking the cats!

Posts: 10 | Location: Far West | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for posting this link! I've been looking for an easy pet garment pattern, it was fun to see the different pets modeling the garments and how some people added to the basic pattern. Ann

quote:
Originally posted by FabricFreak:
If I may:

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ann_N.C.:
Thanks so much for posting this link! I've been looking for an easy pet garment pattern, it was fun to see the different pets modeling the garments and how some people added to the basic pattern. Ann

quote:
Originally posted by FabricFreak:
If I may:Thank you for posting the link,this gives more choices too. Smiler

posted Hide Post
I realize this is a very old post, but for anyone else out there who may be looking for dog clothes patterns, you find links to several on this page:

Dog Clothes Patterns

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks karen12,I thought about the time i made booties for the dog,well i could'nt help laughing till my stomach ached,I put them on her 4feet, and she just stood there like a statue,she would not move with them on,then when she decided to walk we did well to the point I noticed they were coming off her paws.Stopping every so often to fix them on again,you had to be there to really see the humour in it all.lmao.