Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Topic Area  Hop To Forums  Sewing Related Things    attaching trim on an angle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

attaching trim on an angle
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to decorate a sweatshirt. I have 4 decorative trims that I would like to put on the shirt in a V form. My problem is determining the angle I need to use to get the V right and the trim placed correctly. I would greatly appreciate any tips. Thank you. Ann

Ann M. Brodeur

Posts: 5 | Location: Ashburnham, Massachusetts | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When trying to get a visual on positioning trims, pockets, etc. I like using 505 Temporary Fabric Adhesive. I try it on then it's held in position for sewing as well.
Good Success!
Anya

Posts: 63 | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Anya. I discovered I was making it harder than I needed to. I wanted a look that didn't have the fold over to create the angle, but I have given up on that.

Ann M. Brodeur

Posts: 5 | Location: Ashburnham, Massachusetts | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want a V form shape,a simple method is to do it like a mitred corner,hard to explain here really,but use some scraps to test on first,this way you won't get the bulk eighther/folded seams if mitred,i think a 45 deg angle may be good.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post