Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do you sew?
 Login/Join

posted
What inspires you to sew or design garments.
My inspiration comes from searching websites,then i go to my patterns and re create something.At present Im creating a blouse type jacket,with 2 pleats down the front and 2 back.yoked style with a regular collar,long sleeves with cuffs,length is to the waistline,so this could be made from something to wear as an outdoors bomber style jacket,my fabric is cheap so it is ok to wear as a blouse in fall when im done.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's really easy. 1) Nothing fits in the stores 2) I don't like the styles 3) I don't like the colors 4) I don't like the fabrics 5) Sewing is very diverting,challenging, satisfying, relaxing.

Katherine Wilcox, West Michigan

Posts: 21 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started sewing a few years ago, when the styles in the stores were all low-rider pants and cropped shirts! Yikes! I don't sew anything elaborate, and my sewing skills aren't very advanced, but I can still make things that fit the way I want them to fit, and they look nice! That is my inspiration!

Michelle G.
MPD 3.05 Pro
Dress Shop Pro 9.08
Windows 7

Posts: 62 | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't remember when I didn't sew. Now, of course there are the practical reasons: size, fit, style, (especially since DS and MPD) color, etc., but mostly it's my passion! I love fabric; I love touching it looking at it, working with it...

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Llantrisant:
What inspires you to sew or design garments.
My inspiration comes from searching websites,then i go to my patterns and re create something.At present Im creating a blouse type jacket,with 2 pleats down the front and 2 back.yoked style with a regular collar,long sleeves with cuffs,length is to the waistline,so this could be made from something to wear as an outdoors bomber style jacket,my fabric is cheap so it is ok to wear as a blouse in fall when im done.
Working on my blouse/jacket yesterday- I realized i can wear this as a swing style blouse, leaving the pleated sections open.This can also be used as a smock/maternity blouse for someone.My kids have had their familys, unless grandkids have any sometime.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started sewing few years back as a hobby. Being a homemaker, I am glad that I made the right choice. Currently, I am running my own embroidery and quilting business.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 17 September 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post