Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Topic Area  Hop To Forums  Sewing Related Things    Quick, inexpensive ideas needed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick, inexpensive ideas needed!
 Login/Join

posted
I volunteer at an aged care facility, mostly doing one-on-one visits with residents, but sometimes helping the activities gals. I'm trying to come up with ideas for very simple, very inexpensive little projects that the residents could make. Most are affected in some degree by dementia. They recently made lavender sachets (a ribbon tied around a square of lavender filled tulle). Yesterday they were completing sentences. For example, Sharon is looking at the window at the _____. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a good project your doing there,how about those flash cards? and get them to name what the pictures are.Plus do they do any knitting e.g.dishcloths easy squares to knit.Or eye spy games.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Freda! I'll look for some flash cards --great idea! I don't know if they knit or are able to have knitting needles, but I don't knit so I couldn't help much. I Spy would be a good one too. Thanks again.

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharon in Torquay:
Thanks, Freda! I'll look for some flash cards --great idea! I don't know if they knit or are able to have knitting needles, but I don't knit so I couldn't help much. I Spy would be a good one too. Thanks again.
Another idea is making paper lanterns,use plastic scissors,and colour them.Think on what games etc children play, and you can't go wrong there.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post