Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IE9?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone used the IE 9 browser yet here?microsoft says its a new download and ready to install.TIA Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone used the IE 9 browser yet here?microsoft says its a new download and ready to install.

Sorry, we have been in the final days of a major Dress Shop release for about 6 weeks now and we did not want to slow anything up with tests on a new browser. Looks like the release will get out tomorrow, so perhaps this weekend we can do some tests....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if the tests have been done to determine if MPD will work OK with IE9? Thanks.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elsa-Tx:
I was wondering if the tests have been done to determine if MPD will work OK with IE9? Thanks.
I have been using IE9 for a few weeks now it seems to be just fine for me,I have vista premium.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You. That is good to hear. I appreciate the reply.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have IE9 on 2 of 3 computers. I consider myself fairly puter literate but my knowledge base has serious holes you could drive a large tractor trailer thru.

so I am including a CYA scattered in this post.

Things I did before hand that may affect the results you get. I checked my tools>internet options>advanced settings before updating and made sure that all the settings are the same when I installed IE9. Make sure things like Java Logging and JIT enabled are checked and security settings are all similar.

I also believe that the various operating systems may affect your results. In other words what works with Vista may not be the same with Win7 or vice versa. AND what works with Win7 for net books may not be the same as Win 7 advanced versions for towers.

ALWAYS run in admin mode not user account with anything Win7 and that includes your install of IE9.

There are nearly endless combinations possible so what works for 1 brand/model of computer, firewalls, anti virus programs, and or OS may have very different results based not only on the version number but the installed updates you may have added.

No guarantees. but with some careful planning, review of current working settings, proper installs, attention to instructions and a bottle of Excedrin just in case. the worse that can happen is you have to reset back to IE8 or go hunt up newer drivers for some things like older printers.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using DS-9 with IE 9 in Windows 7 PRO 32 bit and the only issue I have run into is with saving. I have run Auslogics register and Glary to clear up any registry issues and still no joy. I've submitted a problem report. Has anyone else run into this or am I looking for a needle in my own hay stack?

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one thing that stands out is you dont mention if you are running DS as admin.

Go to start> find Livingsoft> right click> run as admin.

It is also quite likely Win 7 is sending DS files to "program(x86)" in stead of "Program" which is why you arent seeing your saved files.
They ARE there just hidden from your view.

How wonderful is MS protecting us from oruselves ?!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also could not SAVE DS9 so I ended up getting it downloaded by clicking RUN.. Yes, I used the administrator

Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't run in any mode other than Admin.

posted Hide Post
I should have read the rest of the post first. In Windows 7 Pro I don't have an X86 folder. I spent about 2 weeks wrestling with it not letting me access any type of file that I had created under an older version of Windows. When I figured out how to make it let me have my files the problem went away. The saving issue seems to have started with DS 8.04. I'm using 9.01 now. One thought is that perhaps IE changed something in one of its updates that is causing the issue.