Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog boots?
 Login/Join

posted
I need to know whats the best fabric to use for dog boots please,I cut some out of quilted fabric,but not sure if this may be too thick for my pups feet,I have some fleece I can use any advise at all folks?Thanks Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For outdoor use you need soemthing water proof or they will just get wet and start icing up such as cordura or rip stop nylon which can be slippery when wet.

Cordura works and gives some skid resistance.

You only need a very tiny bit for the soles of the pad you might find soem scrap rem's at a local outdoors type shop if they do mending.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rip stop nylon is that whats used in parachutes?/rainwear,what does Cordura look like,is it like corduroy fabric.TIA Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its a treated fabric a tiny bit on the course side- seen on canteen covers, duffle bags especially along the bottoms, some purses, ah----- back packs!

Kaaren
See gear for dogs site:
Dog booties

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Its a treated fabric a tiny bit on the course side- seen on canteen covers, duffle bags especially along the bottoms, some purses, ah----- back packs!

Kaaren
See gear for dogs site:
Dog booties
Great thanks a bunch Kaaren,I found a website that shows how to make booties too.Smiler
www.about.com