Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sewing materials
 Login/Join

posted
What are your opinions about online stores that sell sewing materials? Do you have any proven stores? I am looking for a store worth recommending, with good quality materials. My friend recommends this store: https://ctnbee.com/en. Does any of you use this store?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 September 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one online fabric store that I buy from more than most is Mood Fabrics, moodfabrics.com. I love their swatch service: for $1.50 I can get a sizeable swatch of a fabric. The significant size of the swatch (about 5"x5") helps in giving a good idea of the fabric's feel, hand, crispness, translucency, etc.

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fabricmartfabrics.com

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Fabrics Mart too. They have a huge selection, and often have great sales. For instance, I got this cotton/silk/Lycra blend for $2.50 a yard! I bought six yards! Smiler

Or this cotton plaid for 8.00/yard:

The problem I have with Fabrics Mart is the way they describe their fabrics. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their method or madness. Also, they never state the fabric's weight in gr/sm or ozs/sq yd like Mood Fabrics usually does.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anna Q. Nguyen,

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 27 September 2018 04:20 AM
What are your opinions about online stores that sell sewing material

I don't order from Fabric Mart very often, but I've found them to mostly be as described. Other places I've ordered are The Confident Stitch, LA Finch Fabrics and Organic Cotton Plus. I don't recall any issues with them.

--call me Ivy

Posts: 5 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 26 June 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea about online stores. I usually visit the stores before buying any materials as I am not quiets not sure about the quality they deliver. Often they end up sending something totally different from what I have ordered.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 17 September 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post