Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February and March Meetings
 Login/Join

posted
The next meeting of the Chicago Area User Group will be held at 10 AM on February 18th. We are planning to look at the results of the princess-style work that has been done and the collar techniques reviewed last time.

Please feel free to bring your stuff to show and tell about. Fitting problems or measuring issues are always welcome (especially if they are accompanied by a person).

Anyone that needs directions should contact Kat directly. We look forward to seeing any of you at the meeting.

The March meeting is scheduled for March 18th and will cover some sheer garment finishing techniques.

Posts: 6 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the meeting on Saturday, the group discussed sheer finishing techniques and concluded that in general they are: French, Pseudo-French (maybe French Canadian??), felled, serged, ribbon, rolled, and modified Hong Kong. Some of us are going to try the modified Hong Kong around the armholes on some sheer and semi-sheer over shirts to see if it works better than the others in that area. Laura W. brought pictures, pattern pieces, etc. (and her great blueberry muffins!) for an outfit that she was trying to make that was not going well. We agreed, since, believe it or not, it made her look fat - something that I would have thought was impossible! It had a plenum, so we talked about plenum construction and grainlines. Good learning discussion for all of us! I think that she ended up with a better plan, but we will see how it turns out at the next meeting.

We also set the topics for the next few meetings. This is what we laid out -

April - swimsuits
May - Tank tops and halters (the other Laura was laughing, since she says she will need a derrick!)
June - Skirt drape
July - Constructing wearable art garments
August - Welt pockets
Sept - Bras (which may take the rest of the year :-))

Cheerfully -

Kat (in sunny Illinois)

Posts: 6 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi
quote:
It had a plenum, so we talked about plenum construction and grainlines. Good learning discussion for all of us! I think

Is plenum a typo or is this new area I haven't discovered yet? Does the author mean peplum? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post