Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daily Digests
 Login/Join

posted
I must be really dense. I'm not understanding the Daily Digests at all. I've gotten them for three days now. (Two copies in fact since I have two accounts but can only get into one.)

The Daily Digest will say that there are something like 92 new postings. I get about 25 actual original topic posts and then it just says there are a varying number of replies that aren't included in the Digest. (Yes, I have it set to get replies but that seems to mean that it counts replies to your own postings in the Digest header.)

I have to click on the topic and it takes me online to read the replies. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Sometimes I can be 3 months or more behind on posts. How long will the post history be available?

When I click on the message topic will it only display the new replies since my last digest or will I once again be reading every reply to the topic from multiple days? If there are replies the second day, will it post the original message again in the Digest to show that there are more replies so I can read them?

This service must work if others are using it for message boards but so far I'm obviously missing something. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels constantly rereading the same posts over and over again. At this rate I won't have any time to sew!!!

Since even the "New Content" icons don't seem to be updating with the messages I've read or been sent on Digest, I'm not sure how to manage my exposure to the list.

Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I've been comparing the Daily Digests I've received with the on-line message board postings. I'm learning! Big Grin

The Daily Digest just lists the first post of any topic on that particular day. It could be the original post or a reply to a post on a prior day. The "New Replies" info at the bottom of the message is just the replies for the day that the Digest covers not all the replies to the topic.

If you click on the topic to read the replies, it will go out to the Message Board and display the responses at the first post of the day the Digest covers. You can scroll up to see all the replies/posting from the prior/original day. Or scroll down to see additional posting for the day of the Digest. Internet access is necessary to read the Daily Digest with all the replies.

Kaaren steered me in the right direction with my "New Content" confusion. Under the "FIND" tab there is an option to display the entries "New Since Your Last Visit". I still need to work with this since I can login, logout, login and I'm still seeing the same entries when I use the option. With the cookies et al I'm wondering if it still really thinks I'm in the sames session. I'll work on it and try to figure it out.

Can you tell I'm an old programmer and until I understand the logic behind something my comfort level is really shaky.

I'm getting there,
Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if this will show up or, if it does, it will be in the right place. I doubt I will ever read the reply, so I don't know why I'm wasting my bandwidth. What's the point of getting daily digests if you only get the original topic and not the replies? I don't want to tie up my computer on-line to read every topic and I don't see any way to sort things out. Put me down as one of the grumpy ones who doesn't like this new format.
Pat

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should I unsubscribe from the dressdiscussion list since it sounds like not much is going to happen there? I'm sure we will all get used to this new format soon.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is your decision.

This is the offical site for Livingsoftnw and Dress Shop.

I don't think any of us would presume to suggest what lists you should or should not be on!

Kaaren

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post