New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two questions
 Login/Join

<karmi>
posted
[1] Downloading updates and patches: I have just today 11/20/05 downloaded 6.14. Does this include the latest patch, or must I download it separately?
[2] Making a back-up disk:
Where can I find information on this.
Thanks.
Janette

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[1] Downloading updates and patches: I have just today 11/20/05 downloaded 6.14. Does this include the latest patch, or must I download it separately?
[2] Making a back-up disk:
Where can I find information on this.

The 6.14 update DOES include all 6.13 patches that have come out in the past few months. It DOES NOT include the 6.14 patch that was posted in the past few days. And, off-hand, I would recommend you not get that one if you are making a back up disk. We have had mixed reports on its effectiveness. Several people reported it improved their pants yokes (there was not much else in it). But, at least one user said it did not fix her yokes and another has reported problems saving patterns.

Until we do more testing on it or get more reports, I cannot say for sure that the patch is worth getting just yet. We may need to revise it and repost. Give it another day or so....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1) The patch is separate. Install it after installing 6.14

2) To make a backup, copy 3 files to your backup disk (floppy, cd, etc.):
MyDSMeasurements.txt
MyDSActivations.txt
MyDS/settingg.txt

These files have your personal information. The program can be downloaded again should that be necessary.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<karmi>
posted
Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

<karmi>
posted
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.
Janette