Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Board FAQ and Issues  Hop To Forums  FAQ's    Working on a new FAQ for our list.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Working on a new FAQ for our list.
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
Hi everyone!

Thanks to everyone for all the assistance in getting our board up and running. It never fails that things crop up that need answers. What's clear to one is greek to others (including this humble administrator Smiler )

I'm working on a FAQ for our board that will include answers to all the questions I'm collection from all over. I have answers from some and still working on others. Feel free to post here (not other forums) with things you think belong in our FAQ.

That said, I don't have the FAQ posted yet. I will post it here when I do. I just wanted to let you all know it's in the works and should be our today or tomorrow.

UPDATE: I've started the FAQ page. Here is the link to it, but I've not had a chance to make it nice looking.
Livingsoft Northwest Discussion Board Help

I'm having to spend a lot of time with the Host Admin learning how to fix this stuff so when I have their ear and time, I'll pass the info on.

TIA,
Greg Hightower

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dress Shop,

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Feel free to post here (not other forums) with things you think belong in our FAQ.

I want to know if getting the individual emails has to be an all or nothing choice. I want only DS Topics and maybe Sewing Related Things. I don't like digests and I also don't need the other products' mail -- Hat Shop, Doll Shop, and Home Dec.

Also on the Discussion List main page (what to call it?) I think we want A for our Q -- got enough Q to last ....

Thanks,

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
What?? Disable Graemlin Conversions What is is, why is enabling or disabling an option?

A glossary... example, I didn't have a clue that "notifications" are what this board calls e-mails.

Some how to's on using outlook express.

How can one locate an e-mail address if one wants to send a private note to a poster. ie, no add sender to address book

My isp is Earthlink and because of spam, I've had to set high protection. How do I work around this?

Does groupee work equally well on all OS from Mac to win98 and up

Info that the group is an open group as DS was/is.

Info that one can use alternate e-mail addys, that a subscriber doesn't have to use the e-mail addy they are registered with for DressShop

A note that changes can take 24 to 48 hours to take effect.

Info on how to remove a second registration.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got me. Smiler

My fingers are moving faster then my eyes. I'm running around trying to get answers and hope to have things smoothed out soon.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Added FAQ link in the original post.
Board Help and FAQ
Just barely started, but this is where it will live.
Greg Hightower

posted Hide Post
Hi I do not know if this question has been asked. Could you tell me why some of the outfits show up with the bottom spread out over Mia? You can not see the actual design.

Thanks

Barbara

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you are askign abotu Art on Mia ( or Marc) and the answer is...
There are well over a 1000 pieces of art in the program the pattern drafts on the fly correctly.the art applies to the mannequin also on the fly.

The art isnt perfect its a representation at best not an accurate portrayal.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post