Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Board FAQ and Issues  Hop To Forums  FAQ's    dimlight on digests
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dimlight on digests
 Login/Join

<Joanne>
posted
Hi all,

Just am not getting how to read replies. I thought I was set up okay with daily digests, but all I'm getting is that there are no more discussions on my topic that Kaaren already replied to! Is this clear as mud or what?

Is there any way to get all the messages and replies in an EMAIL, not a link to the board, so I don't have to waste my time navigating? I used to get the DS via digest because it was easier to follow than the "thread" format that this seems (???) to be. Help. Specific directions required. THANKS.

Joanne

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just am not getting how to read replies. I thought I was set up okay with daily digests, but all I'm getting is that there are no more discussions on my topic

I'm not on digest myself, but I believe the digest here is unlike the Lyris list (which includes a full copy of each post). This digest merely alerts you that there are/ are not replies on various topics. You have to click on the topic link, connect to the web, in order to read the topic and replies. Read Vicki's findings on the Daily Digest topic.

quote:
Is there any way to get all the messages and replies in an EMAIL, not a link to the board, so I don't have to waste my time navigating?

The only way to get all messages via email is not digest but by "Immediate Notification by email"
This sends each new topic or reply straight to your inbox. The very cool thing is if you delete some earlier messages on the topic then something catches your eye you can click on the link and go straight to the topic to read the whole thread and catch up. No navigating at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: InspiredSewing,

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Joanne>
posted
Thanks Tessa to that link to Vicky's posting. The "find" button is the magic one. Much easier to follow postings this way.

Who said you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks? Smiler

Joanne

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there are some cool features you can use like the URLs where I pointed you to another topic. Go to the test forum and play around.

The only problem with the find function is that people SPELL correctly ROFL Big Grin Big Grin (no pointing fingers Big Grin). I've noticed mis-spelling in my posts - I miss that spell check in my email which normally catches them.

Okay double back flip now, Rover....

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joanne,
I am on digest & just discovered that if I scroll down on the digest email that I have all the New messages & replies.
i didn't realize that I had a scroll button at the right side of my email screen.
You don't have to be on line to read. I think you do to post though. Wink
is that what you mean?

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not seem to get the reply answers on digest, just the name of the person who replied on the lower left hand-side of the orginal message. Is their a setting somewhere that I need to address in order to get the replies as well?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Susiemom,
Under notifications make sure you check the box on the right hand side that says replies.
Hope that helps

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post