Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer Q?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a little confused here,whats the difference between format and reformat of a computer? I think it would be nice, if we had a section of help, for not so tech users of computers.My head gets in a tizzie at times with the jargin lol.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a little confused here,whats the difference between format and reformat of a computer? I think it would be nice, if we had a section of help, for not so tech users of computers.My head gets in a tizzie at times with the jargin lol.

When it comes to hardware, I have many years of experience with many systems, but regretably little confidence that I actually learned anything from that. It all seems to change every other year and I just do not keep up with it well enough.

But, as far as I know, format and reformat are used interchangably for the same thing. Both involve totally wiping the entire contents of your hard drive in prepartion for loading it up fresh from scratch. The only real difference in the terms is that the very first time it is done, you call it formatting. Thereafter, you call it reformatting. The results are the same.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob thank you for the reply here,that does help me understand better for both.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post