Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Board FAQ and Issues  Hop To Forums  FAQ's    Want email notification of my own posts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want email notification of my own posts
 Login/Join

posted
I'm happily set up with email notifications and receiving posts from everyone else except my own posts. This is very important to me because I'd like to keep track of what I say on the board. Searching for my own posts is going to be a big job at some later date.

Could Board Administration please look into this possibilty for us please.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I did look into this and it's not an options. Sorry.

Greg

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
someone else suggested setting up a second account and then you get your own posts... just turn off delevery of one acct and post in the other account - you will get your own messages

Hugs,

Connie A - Princeville HI
Hat Shop 1.1update
Win XP Pro sp3 - IE 8 -
HPDJ wireless 6100 series

Posts: 101 | Location: Princeville, Hawaii (Kauai) | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drats,
I wanted to second this request.
Greg, I know you can move mountains. We have seen that already.
Wink
You just tell them to get right on that for us!!! Big Grin
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Connie A:
someone else suggested setting up a second account and then you get your own posts... just turn off delevery of one acct and post in the other account - you will get your own messages

Many thanks Connie, the two account thing works. I have set up a sleeper "Tessa" account and sent a test post from it. I got one email adresssed to my "Inspired" account. Now I'm getting double emails (as expected) from all the other folks, so now I'll go and turn off notification of the "Inspired" account from which I intend to post.

From a board point of view it's not optimal as you could have every user registering two account but I don't know if they care about that. I'd rather make sure I keep a copy of what I'm sending out into public space.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad that helped Tessa. Yippeee!!!!

Hugs,

Connie A - Princeville HI
Hat Shop 1.1update
Win XP Pro sp3 - IE 8 -
HPDJ wireless 6100 series

Posts: 101 | Location: Princeville, Hawaii (Kauai) | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible to copy your response into a word processor before sending reply? I will test this option now. If so, you would have a record of your answers. Ps - this seems to work - try it out! It would avoid duplicate emails, duplicate postings. Ruthk

Ottawa, Canada - DSPro 6.092, FD 1&2,Princ. Designer, Illusions, Ult. Pants & Outerwear, Add ons 1-14.
XP 2,IE6, Canon MP700.

Posts: 8 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an email notification, but it may work for you. I have PrintScreen and immediately I posted my first message the confirmation screen containing my message text came up.I PrintScreened it and now have instant hard copy.

Posts: 11 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post