Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Logout
 Login/Join

posted
I logged out and received the acknowledgement message when I left the Board yesterday. This morning when I clicked on the Board in My Favorites, the screen shows me still logged in. What do I need to change at my end or is there something stuck on groupee?

WinXP Home, IE6, Norton Internet Security (no blocks are activated for this groupee site).

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DianeDay:
I logged out and received the acknowledgement message when I left the Board yesterday. This morning when I clicked on the Board in My Favorites, the screen shows me still logged in. What do I need to change at my end or is there something stuck on groupee?

WinXP Home, IE6, Norton Internet Security (no blocks are activated for this groupee site).

I also saw this happen when I first began using this list. It seems that in order for your (anyone's) login to clear, you must actually close the window. Even if you logout and then "reload" the Discussion List page, you still appear to be logged in. But if you leave/close the window, the next time you open it you won't show as logged in.

I tested it again today and the above still seems to be the case.

Sue in sunny Algona, WA

All Things DS

Posts: 11 | Location: Algona, WA | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a 'feature' of Internet Explorer. Anytime you are on a website that you log into, you should make sure and close your browser when you are done, just to make sure that you are really logged out of all websites, especially if you do online banking, credit cards, etc. Better to be safe than sorry!

Patti Hamel
DS6.092, All Addins
IE6.0, HPLJ 1012

Posts: 28 | Location: Utah | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sue and Patti! I may get used to this yet! :-)

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It also is part of Mozilla Firefox which I generally use as my browsers.

Sue

All Things DS

Posts: 11 | Location: Algona, WA | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post