Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Board FAQ and Issues  Hop To Forums  FAQ's    Miscellaneous Faq's by Kaaren
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miscellaneous Faq's by Kaaren
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
Miscellaneous Faq’s by Kaaren
Culled from Frequently asked support Questions:
Printing:
Q: My owned patterns in MPD2 won’t print and say I don’t own them. I have version 2.01 according to Help: About.

A: Always activate any new programs, Collections, purchases. If you did activate and still have a problem. Please go to the MPD download page and take the V2.01b "latest Update". This will resolve that problem and a couple others that cropped up.

Vista:
Q: I cant find my charts, and sometimes a new update won’t show up and I downloaded and installed as I have always done.

A: Vista is the source of your issues. You probably followed the instructions and set up a User Account.

Vista presumes you are incapable of downloading and placing files and may skew your PC so it hides parts or all of your downloads into the labyrinth of temporary files instead of in the program files where they belong.

Here is how to resolve it.
1. Create an administrator file and save a copy of your password.
2. Go to Control Panel- find the User Accounts folder and delete them
3. Do the download over again running in Administrator mode.

ANY OS Download and Install issues:
Whenever you download an update, or full program always CLOSE the program if you have a copy on your computer.

We suggest turning off your firewalls, and anti virus program for the download and install. If your program is open the .dll files will not register properly and you will get “script errors”. Close the program and install again.

CD’s
Q: Should I keep a CD copy of the programs and always install from CD?

A: The latest full build and any updates are on the web site for you to download any hour of the day or night every day of the year. Your CD will soon be outdated then you will have to install it and still download and install the update and it is always FREE.

The CD should only be necessary for those without an internet connection.

Preferences:
I always check my preferences after an update and RETRIEVE my codes to add an activation codes that may be needed to run the update or any new purchase.

Activations:
Q: I Can’t activate. I put in my current email account and my password.

A: Have you changed your email account since you registered and purchased your product? Please go to the home page Click on MY account and enter your email address from the time you purchased your program. This will Open your account. Click on the ‘change email address’ to your current account.

Q: I bought a new pattern or collection but I don’t see it when I open my program.

A: If you collection is new and contained in the latest update you must first download and install the update and then activate it.
If you have the latest update, and just added something, you still need to activate it. Use File> Retrieve my codes. Enter your email address and password.

Newsletters:

Q: I want my newsletters but I am not getting them.

A: If you want to receive email notifications of sales and special offerings, new products and the newsletters please check the boxes. You may have had them checked but if your email address bounced we follow protocol and remove the address from our “good email list”. You should also enter our address in your address book so it is not filtered as spam:
info1@mypatterndesigner.com and info1@livingsoftnw.com for Dress Shop Products.

Q: What does NaN mean?

A: It means not a number so enter a correct number and save your chart again.

Q: My Pattern will not draft even though I entered a full chart:

Q: I use metric measurements and a number comma decimals and I cant get a pattern to display.

A: Please use a period/decimal point rather than commas

Q: I Use inches and fractions or decimals and have a problem.

A Care must be taken on your value entries 15/8 reads to the program as 15 something not 1 5/8. 145.75 is 145 and ¾ not 14 and ¾ The entry should read 14.75

Fill in all the boxes on a full chart- missing numbers means the program doesn’t have all the information it needs to draft a pattern.

Q: Chart names sometimes don’t save properly.

A: There is a difference between save and save as
First Save As: allows you to create a name and even change the location of where you are saving the chart to ( just as a thumb drive or external drive)
Only use alphas or numeric’s in the name such as Susie 62909 no wingding’s, symbols, parenthesis, commas or hyphens or slashes. Keep them as short as possible.

Just the “Save” copies over a previously saved chart.

Saving and Loading Patterns:
Keep the name as simple as possible just letters and numbers again no symbols, slashes or exclamation marks. A woman’s blouse may then be found under My Patterns> Women’s then > blouses when you wish to load the pattern again later.
Use File> Load to retrieve your owned patterns from the included patterns with your program or saved patterns you worked on and created.
Export/Import of DS Patterns to MPD.

Q: I want to export my DS patterns into MPD how do I open them.

A: The export feature is a bulk transfer of DS Patterns into MPD and each pattern is translated to MPD language and placed into a separate default folder.
All your owned patterns are handled and moved in one operation and may take several minutes.

To OPEN one of these patterns you use File>Import to open A pattern at a time as if you were loading an MPD pattern.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post