Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signature Line
 Login/Join

posted
Taking a big risk here: I'm wondering if we still need to have our full list of DS products in our signature line.

I ask this because, with the new format, a long list of items takes up quite a bit of room between posts. I have everything Livingsoft(NW) has to offer, so I've just used a tag line "All things DS".

All Things DS

Posts: 11 | Location: Algona, WA | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cross posting my message from the Testing forum
-----------------------------------------------

On my first few post I didn't have a signature set up so I just typed in my name. Then I went to set it up in the signature box in my Profile (you have to scroll down on the window within a window). What I then noticed was that it had attached the signature to all my previous posts.

Warning: Your signature is dynamic and everytime you make a change to your signature it retroactively updates it on every post you have ever made.

This could cause confusion if I write my signature as Tessa, DS6.09 and report a glitch happening in Dress Shop. When I update to version 6.10 and the problem is actually fixed I will change my signature to Tessa, DS6.10, but to anyone reading my old post it will look like the problem still exists. This will only affect users reading older posts but it is something to be aware of.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping topic.
An example of the dynamic signature can be seen here. When Laura in IL wrote this post she obviously had "DS 6.09" in here signature line. Now as of today (8th October 2005) her signature reads "DS Deluxe 6.12"

If you are discussing a problem in your current version of DS, also manually type the version number in the last line of your message for future readers, rather than rely on the Groupee board signature only.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post