Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Announcements    Important Notice if you update to Dress Shop 8.05

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Important Notice if you update to Dress Shop 8.05
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
I am embarassed to admit that it took several days to realize that all those changes that we did to the Dress Shop patterns will not show up in your "MyPatterns" folder unless and until you re-activate Dress Shop. For those that have upgraded to Dress Shop 9, that will certainly happen. But, for anyone that took the Dress Shop 8.05 update, you will not see any of the new patterns until you also activate Dress Shop using "File - Activate Products". That step will load the newly modified Dress Shop patterns from the "PatternDefaults" folder (those are unowned, generic patterns). The activation process then marks the ones you own and saves them into your "MyPatterns" folder.

The point is, that does not happen if you do not activate Dress Shop. Until then, you are still looking at the old patterns. Worse yet, we did some changes in the drafting code that will make some of those no longer draft properly (the princess patterns, for instance). The drafting code works fine with the new patterns, but not as good with the old patterns.

All will be corrected as soon as you use "File - Activate Products", enter your email and password, and all the patterns will be updated properly.

I do apologize that I did not figure this out sooner and am deeply grateful to Karel Riley for helping us figure this one out. Thank you, Karel!

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Report This Post