Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Announcements    Difficulty Downloading

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Difficulty Downloading
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
The problem with downloading that some customer have reported in the past few days was caused by Norton Security Suite, which mistakenly branded several of our download files as “potentially dangerous”. After downloading them, the virus scanners then reported that the file “is not safe and has been removed”. It then automatically deleted the file from the customer's system, not permitting it to be installed or used.

This type of activity is apparently triggered in cases where a file has not been downloaded often enough by other Norton users in recent months. That makes the file suspicious and they then refuse to allow it to be downloaded by anyone that uses their software. I hope that rather irritating method of protecting Norton users ends quickly.

Until it does, these reports are considered to be “false positives”. If you have this difficulty with either our software or with other downloads, you are expected to contact Norton using their false positive report page (www.norton.com/fp), report the problem, they will then do a more detailed analysis of the suspect download files and update the status of those files in their database.

I did this yesterday and today was informed by Norton that their analysis revealed our files were safe after all and they have now been marked that way in the Norton security database. I hope and believe that this information is used by other software security firms.

If you tried to download recently, please try again today. It should work now. Please try the download again and let us know directly, or post on the forum if there are any further difficulties.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Report This Post