Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Princess Pant Pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Princess Pant Pattern
 Login/Join

posted
In my old version of Doll Shop Deluxe I had a princess pant pattern. I don't know if it was part of the Essential Girls collection, which I can't seem to find now, or was part of a Dress Shop pattern pack. But it appears not to be included in the new Doll Shop Deluxe. Does anyone know what group of patterns these pants were part of? I used them for my 16" Ellowyne Wilde. She loves them. I'd like to be able to adjust them for some other dolls, if I could only find them!

Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my old version of Doll Shop Deluxe I had a princess pant pattern. I don't know if it was part of the Essential Girls collection, which I can't seem to find now, or was part of a Dress Shop pattern pack. But it appears not to be included in the new Doll Shop Deluxe. Does anyone know what group of patterns these pants were part of? I used them for my 16" Ellowyne Wilde. She loves them. I'd like to be able to adjust them for some other dolls, if I could only find them!

As far as I remember (and can see from looking at the program code), the princess line pants came with Essential Pants and with Ultimate Pants and in no other collections or packets.

It is now included in the Complete Pants Customizer product, but that's the only place at this time.

The Esseential Patterns for girls was a sub-set of the larger DS library and included those patterns that both worked for girl sizes and for which we had little girl illustrations for. At some point, we got all DS pattens working for girl sizes and we dropped the Essential Girls product as a separate package. If you select a girl's size, any Dress Shop pattern you own should draft properly.

Since we do not have little girl illustrations for that many additional patterns, Dress Shop now illustrates all patterns using Mia illustratoins. Other than those two changes (more patterns and Mia illustrations), the Essential Patterns for Girls are available to draft whenever you select a girl's chart.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's really odd, because I have the pattern that I drafted in my previous version of Doll Shop. I know it was there. Frustrating, because it's a nice style that's easy to fit to the dolls.

Karen

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's really odd, because I have the pattern that I drafted in my previous version of Doll Shop. I know it was there. Frustrating, because it's a nice style that's easy to fit to the dolls.

I dug back through the pattern activation code in earlier Dress Shops and found what would have caused this. There were 3 different ways that individual Dress Shop / Doll Shop patterns were activated that had accumulated as the many different Dress Shop pattern collections were developed and released (there are 137 different collections involved). There was a list of patterns from Dress Shop 5 and a separate list from Dress Shop 6 and one was included and the other was not. The pricess pants and pleated pants were left out.

I'll get that omitted list included in the next Dress Shop update and put up a patch file that makes those patterns activate properly. I'll do that shortly. I want to see about the neckline depth adjustment issues that some patterns still have and will try to include both in a single patch. More on that later today....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super! I just re-activated my codes and the princess pants are back! That's great.
The front neckline issue seems to have resolved with the patch as well. Thank you so much, Kaaren!

Karen in Maine