Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Totally confused!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Totally confused!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I just downloaded the software for the Dollshop and I can't find anything about the dolls? Do I have to imput all of my doll size information?

I design patterns for miniatures (5 1/2 inch) through Tonner fashion doll size and I am looking forward to using the software!

No, I haven't purchased it yet! I will do that on Wednesday if I can get the Demo to work. I never buy something sight unseen.

Many thnaks for your advice!

Heather

Dragonfire Designs NM

Posts: 3 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 25 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just downloaded the software for the Dollshop and I can't find anything about the dolls? Do I have to imput all of my doll size information?

I design patterns for miniatures (5 1/2 inch) through Tonner fashion doll size and I am looking forward to using the software!

No, I haven't purchased it yet! I will do that on Wednesday if I can get the Demo to work. I never buy something sight unseen.

Sorry, there is not a separate demo for Doll Shop Deluxe. It has all the same patterns, options, settings, and features as the Dress Shop program (which is the demo you downloaded). The only differnce is that Doll Shop Deluxe comes with:
  • Measurement charts for 25 dolls. You can see those charts by using Size - Load Measurements, the look in the Doll Deluxe - Doll Sizes folder. Loading them this way will not set seam allowances to doll amounts, but you can at least see which charts are there.
  • Patterns and directions for making your own soft sided dolls. Those are extensive, but cannot be viewed in the Dress Shop demo.
  • Chart creation utilities specific for dolls.
  • Uesr manual for Doll Deluxe instead of Dress Shop.
  • Face art for a variety of embroidery machines. These are for use in making your own dolls.

I think those are the only differences. The patterns and options are the same for Dress Shop and Doll Deluxe.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply!
Well, the only way I can see anything, is to go into the root directory and look at the jpegs. It does have the dolls I am interested.

I am very knowledgable about "real" size patterns, but from what I have seen, I am very confused!

From looking at the jpegs, it looks like there are lots of options to play with, though I am still a bit skeptical if this is what I am looking for. Is there a trial period for the software? Even 2-3 days? I have tried everywhich way and there is no way to pull up anything about the dolls in the demo and just importing the doll measurements doesn't seem to do my any good.

Sorry for all the confusion!

Dragonfire Designs NM

Posts: 3 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 25 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there a trial period for the software? Even 2-3 days?

There is a 30 day money back guarantee on any purchase from Livingsoft. For any reason.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news about the money back guarantee! I will definitely be purchasing the software and try it out!

Many thanks for answering all of the stupid questions! I hope I get the same support when I get the software installed and up and running!

Heather

Dragonfire Designs NM