Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Option to See Both Sides of Pattern Gone in DS9?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Option to See Both Sides of Pattern Gone in DS9?
 Login/Join

posted
I like to see both sides of a pattern when I'm designing it, even if I don't use that option when printing. It appears that in DS9 that option has disappeared. Is there a way to get it back? Or is it hiding in another place?

Karen

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like to see both sides of a pattern when I'm designing it, even if I don't use that option when printing. It appears that in DS9 that option has disappeared. Is there a way to get it back? Or is it hiding in another place?

Sorry, but this option is being discontinued with this release. You may or may not have noticed it, but this update included a folder of patterns for an upcoming collection that includes several new features. Among the many included are waisted jackets. The number of pattern pieces involved has become substantial - top front, bottom front, top back, bottom back, lining pieces, collars (which now may include up to 6 pattern pieces themselves), multi-piece sleeves, any number of pockets, waistbands and belts, and trim (another new feature in this coming package). Making all those pattern pieces fit on-screen at the same time and not overlapping and with readable labels was very challenging, especially on systems that have lower resolution monitors. We are trying very hard to keep Dress Shop compatible with displays that may have 1024 pixels wide and these new patterns are pushing that limit very hard.

To also display all those pattern pieces in an unfolded view no longer fits. Solving all the cases where pattern pieces could overlap and making it still fit on lower-resolution displays just no longer worked.

So, that feature is no longer being supported.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post