Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing
 Login/Join

posted
I use the doll shop pattern software frequently as I do custom sewing for a doll shop. I am having size problems with the pattern pieces across a range of patterns. The latest is the standard panties pattern. I asked for panties for a modified size 3 pattern. It gave me the pattern and then when I asked for 100% it shrank it. At 200& it was postage stamp sized. I restarted the program X3 before it gave me the correct size and let me print it.

Also on the fitted waisted dress bodice it gave me a flared effect at the bottom of the bodice back on the same size 3. This flare did not show on the screen. The pattern showed it was drafting a 12" side seam on this size. The main pattern pieces fit so this was an easy adjustment, but the software has more problems since its update I think.

Any advice is appreciated.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 07 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use the doll shop pattern software frequently as I do custom sewing for a doll shop. I am having size problems with the pattern pieces across a range of patterns. The latest is the standard panties pattern. I asked for panties for a modified size 3 pattern. It gave me the pattern and then when I asked for 100% it shrank it. At 200& it was postage stamp sized. I restarted the program X3 before it gave me the correct size and let me print it.

I was trying to duplicate what you described and was not able to. But, I also have no idea what it was you actually did.

I ran Dress Shop 8 (which includes Doll Shop Deluxe 8), selected a standard child's size 3 chart and drafted the panty pattern. When scaled to 100%, it got bigger as expected.

But, you mentioned you were making doll clothes, that you were running Doll Shop and using the child's size 3 for that. I don't know how that could be done. Doll patterns are generated when doll charts are used. If you use a human chart, you get human scaled patterns.

If you used the Size - Complete Chart dialog to simply take a human chart and mark it as a doll chart, that might work, but you may need to both save the chart, the rerun the program. There are flags throughout Dress Shop / Doll Shop that keep doll and people charts and drafting rules separate and they may not all be set properly if you switch between doll and people charts while drafting. It just was not intended to be used that way. Might work if you save and rerun, though.

When you rerun, Mia will display an illustration mess. That part of the program will still be confused about the doll / person swap. It will clear up as you load patterns. The rest should work, I believe.

Hope that helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also on the fitted waisted dress bodice it gave me a flared effect at the bottom of the bodice back on the same size 3. This flare did not show on the screen. The pattern showed it was drafting a 12" side seam on this size. The main pattern pieces fit so this was an easy adjustment, but the software has more problems since its update I think.

I was also not able to duplicate this one. What the program prints is what is on the screen when you click print. I know of no way that it can display one thing and print another. And, when I drafted that pattern with size 3, the front bodice was flared, not the back. The front is flared because a child's size 3 has a larger waist than bust. It should flare. Basically, a 3 year old and a waisted bodice are not expected to look differently. If your doll does not have a front waist larger than its front bust, then you should increase the bust measurement or decrease the waist measurement.

And, if you are certain that it was the back pattern piece that was flaring and that it only flared when printing and not when displayed on the screen, then you either have some serious problem with your system or you are doing something very different than I was.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did exactly the same thing you did for the size 3 panties. (BIG doll). The first 2 times it shrank it and the third it ran perfectly.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did exactly the same thing you did for the size 3 panties. (BIG doll). The first 2 times it shrank it and the third it ran perfectly.

Too strange. Probably has to do with a sequence of actions, what you had drafted or selected before the problem happened. I'll try variations and see, but those can be really hard to stumble upon. If it occurs again, see if you can remember what you had been doing previously. I'll keep looking...

posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I have drafted a lot of doll patterns and am used to seeing strange results sometimes. I also do jury rigging and taking things to xerox them at different size percentages, but this was unique.