Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants sloper
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I have been making some slopers for a ball jointed doll, all is great except the pants front have ease in the inside leg seam.
Now I thought the this ease should be in the back. I checked and I do not have it on back to front.

Also, if I want to reduce this ease, which measurements would I use. Hope some one can point me in the right direction

Right now, Doll Shop is 5.3, can't seem to get
it upgraded any further at this time.

Thanks Jeanette

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been making some slopers for a ball jointed doll, all is great except the pants front have ease in the inside leg seam.
Now I thought the this ease should be in the back. I checked and I do not have it on back to front.

Inseam ease for pants can be found in the Fit Tool, last ease item listed.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inseam ease is a negative 0.5 inch on the back inseam on adult womens pants.

The back inseam is shorter than front, the bias pull which this creates cups the under butt. To remove it go to fit/ease and in the isneam box enter 0

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi and thanks for that answer, however I can not see where I can change those measurements on a Sloper, I was hopeing to get it reduced in the sloper and definately not in the front leg

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slopers are for test fitting for humans- they do not have working options as the premise is to fit the chart to the person, not adjust the chart for a pattern. A sloper is not construed as a wearable garment.

Select a pant and adjust the ease for the pant.
If what you want is a legging type fit- adjust the crotch extensions to shorten.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob and Kelly, I had this problem with my laptop that does not access the internet so it wasn't a virus. Still don't know why it happened, but I had to completely clean the HD and re-install the operating system (XP Pro)and then all programs. This solved the MPD problem for me.

quote:
clicked on the shortcut and got the MPD window with the blue title bar and a completely blank white info area. The hourglass remains on for at least 15 minutes unless I specifically close it.
I had work done on this laptop a few weeks ago and am now wondering if something was done to prevent MPD from functioning properly.

Is your computer running Vista in a non-administrator account? Vista has a variety of security settings that can interfere with running software on your own system. The default setup for Vista assumes there will be many users on your computer and only the administrator has the priveleges needed to write files anywhere they like. So, you must be the administrator to run MPD or Dress Shop.

If that is not the issue, then I'm afraid you have something we have not heard about before.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob and Kelly, I had this problem with my laptop that does not access the internet so it wasn't a virus. Still don't know why it happened, but I had to completely clean the HD and re-install the operating system (XP Pro)and then all programs. This solved the MPD problem for me.

Ouch.

If reinstalling Windows cured the problem, then that certainly implies that Windows had some bad files in it's folders. Those can get there either from intentionally installed software that was buggy or from Worms or Trojans that got onto the sytsem from an in-house network connection or from transferring files from another computer. Viruses are not just the result of a direct Internet connection. They can be transferred to a computer by floppy disks, flash drive, CDs, DVDs, or the in-house network that allows one computer to access files from another. Any of those can introduce files that are buggy, corrupted, or infected.

Before reinstalling Windows, I would certainly recommend running a full disk scan (both the Windows type and a good virus scanner). Those can detect many of the bad files and fix or remove them without having to reinstall everything. But, they don't catch everything either...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post