Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Have question about program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have question about program
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Everyone,
Tami and I are new to this program and I was wondering if it is possible to scan a pattern that I have at home that is for an adult and make it for a doll? If it is or not we would really appreciate any and all advice. I hope to learn as much as we can. Thanks a bunch Razzer

Posts: 1 | Location: sunnyside, washington | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was wondering if it is possible to scan a pattern that I have at home that is for an adult and make it for a doll?

No, sorry. Doll Shop Deluxe can create patterns for dolls, from its own library of patterns and with you specifying the doll measurements to use and which pattern options you prefer. Often, you can copy an existing garment or pattern by selecting a similar base pattern, choosing the neckline, sleeves, length, and other garment features and end up with the same pattern.

But, you cannot scan an existing pattern. And, you will need the measurements of the doll you are creating the pattern for. Many doll charts are included in Doll Shop Deluxe. Others are similar to these. Still others can be scaled from the ones provided. But, if you have a doll that does not match one of those in the existing list, you will need to measure it as you would a person you were going to sew for.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post