Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    One More Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One More Problem
 Login/Join

posted
Everything thing I try to do brings up another problem.

Why, when I say I want to show the pattern at 100% does it display at 20% on the screen? IF I could print, it would print out only 1/5 the size I want..... I had this problem occur occasionally with the previous version as well, but now I'm totally beflummuxed because I now can no longer choose to enlarge to 500% to compensate for the program's showing me a scale that I don't want. Or is there somewhere I can do that?

I'm totally frustrated this morning.

Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why, when I say I want to show the pattern at 100% does it display at 20% on the screen? IF I could print, it would print out only 1/5 the size I want..... I had this problem occur occasionally with the previous version as well, but now I'm totally beflummuxed because I now can no longer choose to enlarge to 500% to compensate for the program's showing me a scale that I don't want. Or is there somewhere I can do that?

Did you click on the "Scale" icon on the icon bar, immediately next to the "Print" icon?

That control lets you display your pattern in fit-to-screen scale, 50% size, and 100% size. All of these controls are described in the Doll Shop Deluxe user manual, on page 7, labeled "Getting Started". If your program is activated properly, you should be able to display any scale. If your program is not activated or if you are looking at an unowned pattern, then only fit-to-screen scaling can print.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I read page 7 and I clicked on the scale button. The choices are fit to screen, 50%, and 100%. I chose 100%, and the pattern shows on the screen, with the indication that it is being shown at 20% scale. If I wanted to see it at an actual 100% I would need to say I wanted to see it at 500%, but there is no option for anything larger than 100%. In the older version I could choose 500% and get the pattern to show and print at the size I wanted, even if the program wouldn't cooperate.

FYI the pattern I have on the screen now is the Shoulder Princess Blouse in the Betsy McCall 14" size. When I choose auto, no scale is shown... but that is the way I'd like the patterns to show when I go to print. When I show 50%, the pattern is totally obliterated by the sizing and measurement info, which is all too small for the pattern, and it shows that it is at 10%. When I choose 100%, it shows at 20%.

I'll start sending problem reports from the separate pages. This is so frustrating, because the previous version was working pretty well. This is what I get for wanting more options. Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:

Did you click on the "Scale" icon on the icon bar, immediately next to the "Print" icon?

That control lets you display your pattern in fit-to-screen scale, 50% size, and 100% size. All of these controls are described in the Doll Shop Deluxe user manual, on page 7, labeled "Getting Started". If your program is activated properly, you should be able to display any scale. If your program is not activated or if you are looking at an unowned pattern, then only fit-to-screen scaling can print.

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post