Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Lengthening a blouse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lengthening a blouse
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to make a princess blouse for my doll. The pattern is a bit short for my taste, so I would like to lengthen it by 1/2 to 3/4 inch. When I go into Options and say I want to adjust the length of the garment, nothing happens. Is there a way to do this, or will I just have to slit and lengthen the pattern the old fashioned way?

Thanks for help.
Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops.... I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had chosen the princess bodice from the blouse list, rather than the blouse itself. When I open the blouse, I can adjust the length no problem. I guess there's just no way to lengthen the bodice, but the blouse adjust works just fine. Sorry!

Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm testing to check if I'm getting on the post.
Sarah Trigg

Posts: 11 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Changing the subject
I just upgraded to DS8, it's on my computer, but no catalog to put in pants, dresses or doll shop. Has file that I aactivated, has size, options, design tools, help on the top. Now what do I do. I feel so stupid right now. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just upgraded to DS8, it's on my computer, but no catalog to put in pants, dresses or doll shop. Has file that I aactivated, has size, options, design tools, help on the top. Now what do I do. I feel so stupid right now. Thanks for any help.

Hi Sarah,

All patterns were converted to saved pattern files, so you ues "File - Load Pattern" to get to them. When the load dialog box opens, you should see all the old familiar pattern categories as folders. Open Blouses and you'll find "Fitted", "Unfitted", "Princess", etc. Open those and you see the patterns. It all works pretty much the same as the old pattern menu did. The big advantage, though, is that there are now no longer any limits on adding patterns. The old pattern menu was breaking down from too many patterns. Every time we added another, things got slower and keeping it working and in some reasonable order got harder and harder. Now, Windows does all that for us.

Hope that helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post