Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Lengthening a Yoke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lengthening a Yoke
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to lengthen a yoke when doing a jumper or blouse? I would like the yoke to be about 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch longer, depending on the size of the doll I'm working with, to accommodate seams and to be able to fit the bulk of gathers into it without making it so bulky under the dolls' arms. The only way I can figure to do it now is to physically drawing in the added length to the yoke piece after printing, while shortening the armhole depth the same amount in Doll Shop. It would be simpler if that was an option I could choose when drafting the yoke in the program.

Perhaps I'm missing something and it's possible to do, but I haven't been able to find where to do it yet.

Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use the YOKE tool in options to set the yoke position. Note the depth at side or center for flat/curved or angled yokes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing any yoke tool in the options menu. There's the yoke customizer in the design tools, but in order to set the side depth I would need to buy Dress Shop Deluxe. I seem to remember that this was possible in my previous version of Doll Shop Deluxe.

Unless there is something in the options menu I'm missing, I'll have to continue to do what I've been doing, and draw the yoke longer after it's printed, and shorten the armhole depth in Doll Shop to compensate for the added length of the armhole by my lengthening the yoke. Am I just not seeing the yoke tool in the options menu?

It would be simpler if I could lengthen the yoke in the program instead of having to manually change the depth. My work-around does the job, it just isn't convenient!

Thanks.
Karen in Maine

posted Hide Post
Sorry didnt know what program version you are running - that is in the pro version.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't afford $450 more so I can lengthen my yokes :-(.

Karen in Maine

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't afford $450 more so I can lengthen my yokes

I have posted a patch file - only for those that need these changes sooner than the next update. Changes in it include:

1. Front neck depth adjustment was not working with some patterns. It should now work with all.

2. Some patterns (princess pants, for instance) were not activating, depending on which Dress Shop products and collections were owned.

3. Additinal yoke adjustment options are now available for Doll Shop Deluxe owners.

All of these changes will be included in the next update, so do not bother with the patch unless you need these sooner. The patch is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DS8_02a.exe

This is a self-extracting WinZip file. After downloading, run it to install to the default Dress Shop folder location. If you have Dress Shop installed elsewhere, be sure to change the "Unzip To Folder" to that other location.

WinZip files may be difficult to install on Vista and Win7 systems depending on security settings.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bless you!!

Karen

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I'm getting an error message, "can't create output file: c:\Program Files\Livingsoft\DressShop\NewIn8_03.htm". I've disabled the security settings I could find. I'm running Vista. Is there something special that has to be disabled to allow the file to install in the Dress Shop folder?

posted Hide Post
Okay... I figured out how to do it. I unzipped to my desktop and then moved the unzipped files to the Dress Shop folder and it seemed to have worked, because I now have the yoke tools... yea!! The bad news is that the tool works for the back yoke, but not the front. Perhaps this is because of the conflict you mentioned earlier with my hodgepodge of added pattern packets?

So, I'm halfway there :-)

I do want to compliment you on your excellent, excellent customer service. I don't own any other software that is backed up so well by its developers. I bought some other pattern drafting software for doll clothing, and the customer service is nonexistent. The program is useless to me.

So, thank you for putting up with all the complaints and for being so patient with me. You must think of me as your worst nightmare, but I really do love the program! It has saved me a lot of time, even with its occasional warts!

Karen in Maine

posted Hide Post
The front neck problem seems to have resolved.... at least for the patterns I've been trying this morning. Maybe it's going to be sporadic, and may still be a conflict issue? Whatever, I can live with it, and am now a happy camper.

One thing that is a wonderful lifeline, is the ability to print out the pattern summary, which gives all the modifications made to the basic pattern. So if something doesn't save correctly, I've got all the values at my fingertips to plug back in. That was what was frustrating me... losing the work I'd done when I went back to open the pattern. But with the summary, it's an easy task to go replicate the previous pattern. No problems!

Thanks again for the patch!

Karen in Maine