Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Doll Shop Deluxe 8 Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doll Shop Deluxe 8 Questions
 Login/Join

posted
I just purchased Doll Shop Deluxe 8.0 and entered all my activation codes. When trying to load patterns I had drafted in the previous version, a message came up telling me I had not purchased them. I have gone through and deleted these patterns and will redraft... no biggie. But now I see that even when bringing up patterns for the default doll measurements, the sleeves are pointed at the top, instead of rounded, as they were in the previous version. Why is this happening? Just when I was getting pretty good at getting patterns to look like what I wanted, this happens in the upgrade!

Also, how can I get rid of all the informational writing that prints out with the patterns? Sometimes it prints on top of the pattern itself, making it hard to see cutting lines. Since most of it is cut off and discarded anyway, it's a waste of printer ink.

I'd also love to upgrade to Doll Shop Deluxe Pro, but can't find out how to do that on the Living Soft page. Can you tell me how much it would cost and how to do it? The options for designing yokes and sleeves look like they'd be very useful to me. I don't have any interest in Dress Shop Pro, since I don't sew for people... just dolls.

Thanks so much. I know I sound like a crank, but I do basically love this program. It's saved a lot of work for me, since I sew for a wide variety of dolls. I would just like to be sure I'm using all the program's features properly.

Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just purchased Doll Shop Deluxe 8.0 and entered all my activation codes. When trying to load patterns I had drafted in the previous version, a message came up telling me I had not purchased them. I have gone through and deleted these patterns and will redraft... no biggie. But now I see that even when bringing up patterns for the default doll measurements, the sleeves are pointed at the top, instead of rounded, as they were in the previous version. Why is this happening? Just when I was getting pretty good at getting patterns to look like what I wanted, this happens in the upgrade!

Which measurements? Which pattern? A problem report would provide all of the needed information to answer a question like this easily. If you try to get program support on the forum, you need to provide a lot of detail about exactly what version of the product you are running, the chart being used, the pattern drafted and any options changed. Frankly, a problem report is far simpler as all of that is provided automatically.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, how can I get rid of all the informational writing that prints out with the patterns? Sometimes it prints on top of the pattern itself, making it hard to see cutting lines. Since most of it is cut off and discarded anyway, it's a waste of printer ink.

You cannot move the text that is printed on the pattern. I could. But, I would need to know which chart and which pattern and then I may or may not be able to make it better. That text is printed where we hope it will not obscure any important pattern details. But, that must be done for all possible charts, not just the single one you are using. Often, that means moving the information off the pattern altogether. We cannot leave any of that information off as other customers have asked for every bit of it. Some need it, some do not. You do not have to print any pages that include the bits you do not need or want.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd also love to upgrade to Doll Shop Deluxe Pro, but can't find out how to do that on the Living Soft page. Can you tell me how much it would cost and how to do it? The options for designing yokes and sleeves look like they'd be very useful to me. I don't have any interest in Dress Shop Pro, since I don't sew for people... just dolls.

The Pro version of this product is called "Dress Shop Pro". If you purchase that upgrade, then you will have all the Pro patterns, tools, options, and features for Doll Shop Deluxe.

posted Hide Post
Thanks. I can't afford $450 for those options. Back to the paper towel drafting I guess.

Karen in Maine.

quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:

The Pro version of this product is called "Dress Shop Pro". If you purchase that upgrade, then you will have all the Pro patterns, tools, options, and features for Doll Shop Deluxe.

posted Hide Post
Could this information be moved to a separate page, so that people who wanted it could have it, but those who didn't want it could print the pattern without it? For a people-sized pattern it wouldn't matter, since the text would fit inside the lines of the pattern. But for doll-size clothes, it is a major annoyance, as it often obliterates a necessary part of the pattern piece for cutting.

Thank you.
Karen

quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:

You cannot move the text that is printed on the pattern. I could. But, I would need to know which chart and which pattern and then I may or may not be able to make it better. That text is printed where we hope it will not obscure any important pattern details. But, that must be done for all possible charts, not just the single one you are using. Often, that means moving the information off the pattern altogether. We cannot leave any of that information off as other customers have asked for every bit of it. Some need it, some do not. You do not have to print any pages that include the bits you do not need or want.