Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Printing Blank Pages
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing Blank Pages
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

Whenever I hit print, all I'm getting is blank pages. I've installed a printer, I've checked teh settings. My printer works fine when printing other documents etc. It is just Dress Shop that is printing blanks.

Please assist.

I'm using Windows 10 and have Doll Shop Pro

Posts: 5 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 August 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed Dress Shop/Doll Shop on Windows 10 and activated it using your Dress Shop ID and password, and was able to print. (I only printed the first three pages.)

I did:
File -> Make Your Own Doll
(I did the following three steps only for completeness; they don't make a difference, printing-wise.)
Change Height, set height to 34", click OK.
Pull down "Which doll do you want?" menu and selected "Hip and shoulder joints".
Pull down "How would you like to apply the face art?", selected "Iron-on transfer".
Click "Print Everything You Need": first, with face graphic, is displayed.
Click "Print This Page"
Selected "Microsoft Print to PDF", click "Print", browse to a folder, specify a filename, click "Save".
Click "Next doll pattern piece (repeat until done)"
etc.

I opened the PDF files I just "printed" to just double check and they looked fine.

What happens when you try "print to PDF"? Do you also get black PDF documents?

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also tried:

"Size -> Load Doll Chart"
Select "Abby Rose", "Open"
Print all pattern pieces to PDF files: no problem.

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Anna,

Even after a full reinstall of the product, all I'm getting are blank pages, both if I print directly from the program, or if I save as a PFD.

If I save anything EXCEPT a pattern (eg, instructions) it comes up in the PDF. But no patterns. I've activated and reactivated my purchase details so I really don't understand!

https://i.gyazo.com/fda0187fba...3ca1bb4ff2cf9534.png

https://i.gyazo.com/437cb8efd0...2e40148b89092ffb.png

Posts: 5 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 August 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thistle, I don't use doll shop but I do print in DS9.
to print one has to size the patterns to 100%
Have you tried sizing the printout to 100% - and viewing how many pages you get??? - Your 1st image shows auto.
(I also don't print to PDF) we get registration markings down sides of page if the pattern is bigger than the paper you are using.

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Helen, thanks for trying to help!

Even at 100%, I'm not getting any results Frowner

It does keep defaulting to Auto, though, and its really bloody annoying.

I've reinstalled the DS9 and I've done a complete driver update/install on my printer and still no dice Frowner

posted Hide Post
Fixed the issue!

> Print by columns, not rows

was enabled in Settings. Turned that off, and everything works Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
Print by columns, not rows

was enabled in Settings. Turned that off, and everything works

Glad to hear!