Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    New progam for Doll Shop Pro question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New progam for Doll Shop Pro question
 Login/Join

posted
I own the older version I think it is 5 and I just downloaded the new one for the pro program to try it and see how it works. I found that some of the doll measurements are not the same as the #5 version, example some of the Barbie measurements are different and there are some differences on others according to my charts. Is this intentional or how does this work. My patterns have worked fine with the older measurements so am not sure about the differences, have the dolls been remeasured and the measurements updated? Thanks so much.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many dolls vary in size due to age,play factor etc. Doll charts were adjusted by user requests. Please feel free to use your original measurements.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I own the older version I think it is 5 and I just downloaded the new one for the pro program to try it and see how it works. I found that some of the doll measurements are not the same as the #5 version, example some of the Barbie measurements are different and there are some differences on others according to my charts. Is this intentional or how does this work.

There were no intentional changes to doll measurements between Doll Shop Deluxe 5 and the current version with one exception. Doll Deluxe 5 had measurements for a generic 11.5" fashion doll. Those were replaced by specific "Barbie" doll measurements. Unfortunately, there were a number of Barbie dolls over the years, so the chart we now provide might not be the same as the doll you own. They will certainly be quite similar, but not necessarily identical. All other doll charts were unchanged.

If you do prefer your old chart, you can certainly enter it and save the chart for use as you wish.

There are two other reasons that the charts might look different, though. In the current version 9, the order that the measurements are listed in is somewhat different, so you do need to read the measurement name carefully when comparing new and old charts. Also, version 9 has several measurements that did not exist in version 5, again making the charts look different.

Other than that, though, there should be no changes...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post