Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem Reports
 Login/Join

posted
I've submitted several problem reports from an open pattern. I hope that you get to see the screen I was looking at when I submitted the report, and can solve the problems for me. I would really love to be able to use the program.

Thanks.
Karen in Maine

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've submitted several problem reports from an open pattern. I hope that you get to see the screen I was looking at when I submitted the report, and can solve the problems for me. I would really love to be able to use the program.

We received your problem reports and I have activated a copy of Doll Deluxe 8.01 using your account information and tried to duplicate what you reported. What I saw was:

1. Every product that you own appears to have activated properly using the product's auto-activation.

2. Your problem report also included a number of additional activation codes beyond what I get when I auto-activate. They are all bad codes, with an incorrect customer account number. I don't get those codes when I auto-activate and do not know what they would do to the program. There is security software in Doll Deluxe that looks for activation codes from different customer accounts, but off-hand, I do not remember what it does when it finds such. Did you hand enter codes in addition to auto-activating? It is possible that your activation codes file was simply over-written by something else and that you can clear things up by auto-activating again.

3. Drafting the Shoulder Princess Blouse using Betsy McCall measurements - no text prints on the pattern I see drafted using Doll Deluxe 8.01. It all prints below and to the side of the pattern. I checked in left view, right view, and unfolded view. Not a single pattern line is obscured in either the pattern front or pattern back. Some text prints on the sleeve pattern, but not enough to make cutting an issue.

4. When printing, all patterns scale normally to 100% size. The blouse front is a bit over 4" tall, which appears right for a doll with a 3" Full Length Front measurement. The labeling on the pattern states that it is 100% scaled.

5. The patterns print normally.

6. Betsy McCall's sleeves are quite rounded. No pointy sleeves there.

Your problem report does read version 8.01. I don't know whether your installation was incomplete or corrupted, but I do NOT believe you are drafting with the 8.01 drafting engine, so that either did not install properly or the system registry may be pointing to some older copy somewhere else on your system. This could happen if the installation was corrupted or if the Windows registration failed due to conflict with a virus scanner, corrupted registry, or corrupted install file.

You do not appear to be running a good copy of Doll Shop Deluxe version 8.01. I will send you some ideas of how to correct that in my reply to your problem report.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Karen and I have been seeing very different patterns in our respective copies of Doll Shop Deluxe and this morning, we found why that was happening. The full build master of Doll Shop Deluxe 8.01 is broken. It has 2 copies of the drafting module in it and the wrong one gets used. It drafts very poor doll patterns.

The update (which I was using, having installed it on top of the 8.00 full build) is fine.

For all Doll Deluxe users, we are very sorry that this got posted before it was caught. If you install the 8.01 update, I believe it corrects the problems and you get good doll patterns.

We will have the full build master rebuilt and reposted shortly. If you prefer, you can wait for that and install it instead. Either fix should replace the bad doll patterns that the current Doll Deluxe 8.01 full build was producing.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:

Karen and I have been seeing very different patterns in our respective copies of Doll Shop Deluxe and this morning, we found why that was happening. The full build master of Doll Shop Deluxe 8.01 is broken. It has 2 copies of the drafting module in it and the wrong one gets used. It drafts very poor doll patterns.

The update (which I was using, having installed it on top of the 8.00 full build) is fine.

For all Doll Deluxe users, we are very sorry that this got posted before it was caught. If you install the 8.01 update, I believe it corrects the problems and you should get good doll patterns.

We will have the full build master rebuilt and reposted shortly. If you prefer, you can wait for that and install it instead. Either fix should replace the bad doll patterns that the current Doll Deluxe 8.01 full build was producing.