Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    double breasted problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

double breasted problem
 Login/Join

posted
trying to draft a double breasted coat for doll, but the "double breast" piece is at least three times the size of the pattern itself.
I am running only Doll Shop and Men's Wear.
The pattern for front yokes (like on western shirts) does the same thing. Regular yoke or single breasted jackets are fine, it's just the 'odd' patterns that are coming out odd. any suggestions?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
trying to draft a double breasted coat for doll, but the "double breast" piece is at least three times the size of the pattern itself.
I am running only Doll Shop and Men's Wear.
The pattern for front yokes (like on western shirts) does the same thing. Regular yoke or single breasted jackets are fine, it's just the 'odd' patterns that are coming out odd. any suggestions?

As you have found, some of the peripheral patterns in Dress Shop were built without doll testers being fully involved. The patterns should draft properly, but some of the initial values are human sized, and not doll sized. In this case, the one you want is in the Options dialog - "Button Placket Width". It defaults to 4", a value appropriate for people but not dolls. Generally dolls should get 1/5 what humans get. That can be adjusted, but is a good general starting point. So, enter .8" for "Button Placket Width" on any double breasted pattern and it should become reasonably doll sized for you.

The same advice applies to any pattern feature that appears outsized for dolls. I wish I had a complete list. We fix them as we hear about them. This one will be in the next Dress Shop / Doll Shop update. Thanks for letting us know and be sure to mention others you run into.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post