Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    problem with doll shop full screen/menu access
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

problem with doll shop full screen/menu access
 Login/Join

posted
I cannot get my dol shop to show a full screen any more, though until a few days ago it worked fine. I cannot get it to show anything other than a 2 inch square that shows only the drop down menu for File. I cannot get it to show doll sizes, patterns, print options--nothing really. Is there any way to restore the screen/display? I've tried everything I know to do from my computer, and nothing has worked.

Thanks for any help!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[Doll shop display...}

Is you Dress Shop display also whacky? What version are you running please.
This sounds like an internal compyuter issue sicne it just started. If you computer has automatic updates from Windows a setting there may have changed.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot get my dol shop to show a full screen any more, though until a few days ago it worked fine. I cannot get it to show anything other than a 2 inch square that shows only the drop down menu for File. I cannot get it to show doll sizes, patterns, print options--nothing really. Is there any way to restore the screen/display? I've tried everything I know to do from my computer, and nothing has worked.

There are various things that can cause this, all outside the program. Installation was damaged. The registration of the drafting engine with Windows has been broken. Problems with your system registry. We have had some cases where an International user had decimal points setup to use the comma character rather than the period character that is used in the US and that caused this symptom.

You need to figure out what was changed on your system between when your program worked a few days ago and now. If you can narrow that down, you might be able to undo it. Or, knowing that installing Internet Explorer 7 caused the problem (as an example), you could then look for settings in IE7 that could solve it.

If you cannot remember or do not know what changed, you could simply uninstall Doll Shop and reinstall it. That often corrects installation and registration faults.

Finally, if you cannot figure out just what was changed on your system and get it corrected, you need to contact Livingsoft customer support at support@LivingsoftNW.com for further advice.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you cannot remember or do not know what changed, you could simply uninstall Doll Shop and reinstall it. That often corrects installation and registration faults."

It's Internet Explorer 7!!!

This just happened to me too when installing DollShop on my new computer. It worked fine on my old one, but would not display correctly on the new one... Then I uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 back to Internet Explorer 6.... Now it works! That really sucks though. I'm going to try reinstalling 7 again and then see if I can't do something to get it to work with 7!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a patch on the download page to make Dress Shop work with IE7; it should do the same for Doll Shop. Here's the url:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

Good luck!

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still having trouble with doll shop. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions? I downloaded the patch and unzipped it, but nothing changed. I still get the tiny little screen.

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doll shop must be closed when you unzip the patch. Close the program, unzip and possibly reboot.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post